No announcement yet.

What's wrong with Guerro?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's wrong with Guerro?

Does he actually believe he can beat Mayweather or is he that desperate for a pay check?

I don't know I just can't get my head around it, as things stand he looks too small for the Welterweight division which is just as well as the Jr Welterweight division is there for the taking. Which is why I think it is a case of mismanagement, Maidana, Garcia, Zab Judah, Khan and Matthysse are winnable fights. With Bradley out of the picture he could become the king of 140lb and consequently present a case for being a top pound for pound fighter.

I think he's looking for a payday.

Comment

Floyd Mayweather, as a boxer, is your dream fight. It's all reward and no risk. Guerrero should lose to Floyd. His wife, children, and even himself will probably, in some small place, expect the undefeated Money to win. With the amount of cash you make fighting Floyd, it's worth it.

Guerrero just has to keep his head high and be in a decent fight. Cotto lost, but I'd say his esteem is through the roof with the casual fan. They loved seeing Floyd in an actual fight. So, even in losing, Miguel walked away gaining regard...

It's the same for every fight. You don't even have to actually win. You get a career high payday, and as long as you look decent, probably forever after increase your draw power and purses....

Comment

Originally posted by Realism View Post
        I think he's looking for a payday.
        I know that he is looking for a pay day but realistically how much will he make against Mayweather? It is not like he is a draw like Cotto or Marquez who are capable of demanding a reasonable slice of the pie. As things stand he is a bit of a no name. I doubt he'd get within a million of 5.

If he puts on the performances at 140lb then he could demand more each fight.

Comment

I don't see anything wrong with a very good fighter who has achieved a lot, wanting to prove his worth on the grandest stage on them all.

Of course there are other benefits, like the payday but once again it is his job so why fault someone for looking for the best pay for their work if they can get it. Not to mention future opportunities it could open for him if he even looks like he belongs in the same ring~

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            I don't see anything wrong with a very good fighter who has achieved a lot, wanting to prove his worth on the grandest stage on them all.
            He hasn't achieved a lot.

Comment

anyone from 135 to 160 want to fight floyd and Pacquiao.

u have to realize most of these guys aren't getting million dollar paydays. u see Roberts house? I'm sure the man has a lot of bills to pay I'm sure his wife's treatment wasn't free. I don't blame him or anyone else looking for a big payday. was the same when Oscar was on top.

Comment

Neither do I. I'll admit, though, that the traditionally humble, hard working Ghost was intentionally saying some crazy junk to make headlines after the Cotto fight. He's really been jocking hard for a fight with Floyd.

I'm the first to admit, if you think your good at the weight, and yet you performed like you, in many ways, hand your hands full with a guy like Aydin, it might be time to fight a bigger name and aim for that Mayweather fight later next year.

I mean, I guess the logic behind the thread is, not only was Guerrero change his typical demeanor to get in line for a Money fight, but he doesn't look like, based on the Aydin fight, he's made a case for being the best guy at 147-154 to fight the best.

And if you aren't the best guy outside of Mayweather and Pacquiao, you don't need to be in the ring with guys that get that sort of draw....

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                  He hasn't achieved a lot.
                  He won a belt at 126, 130, 135 and now 147~

I know belts are kind of easy to come by and the last two were interim but that still is achieving an awful lot in my book~ does he have a bunch of high profile wins not really but he has done a lot.

What else does he have to look forward to other than trying to challenge the best~ in his view.

Comment

He won a belt at 126, 130, 135 and now 147~

I know belts are kind of easy to come by and the last two were interim but that still is achieving an awful lot in my book~ does he have a bunch of high profile wins not really but he has done a lot.
                    Im a fan of guerrero and think he is a top talent. But the guy has beat absolutely no one. He needs to earn his shot and fight one of the top welter weights.

Comment

Working...
                    X