Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympic Boxing Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• btw, do jabs not count in amateur scoring or something? i mean good stiff ones that penetrate the guard and snap the opponent's head back.

Comment

• Originally posted by flat1985 View Post
      The hate for GB is great hahaha
      I like a lot of UK fighters, Ricky Burns for example.

But let's be honest here, those judges are clearly favoring the UK boxers.

Comment

• Boxed well Ogogo and clearly won the fight, even if the scores could have been a little closer.

Comment

• Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
          i did think he probably won the fight, but that doesn't justify the scores he received in his favour. i'm a brit myself and unfortunately more of our fights this olympics have left me feeling embarrassed than proud.
          GB fighters have only lost one fight clearly that they've benefited from and that was the Joshua fight.

Granted, I thought the Ukranian did enough to beat Ogogo in his last fight, but it was close. I would hardly call it a robbery, more like a poor decision that was difficult to score.

Anyway, I'm proud of all our boxers. They're getting in the ring and putting it on the line for their nation. It's not their fault the judges have made a couple of bad decisions. Nearly every nation has been the victim or benefactor of poor judging so talk of bias is crazy. Corruption is far more prevalent in EE than the UK. I'm not worried.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

No doubt they are it happens to every home nation at the Olympics but Ogogo won that fight i had it closer then that though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

The only one I really had an issue with was the Anthony Joshua fight...Did you see Luke Campbell nearly get screwed yesterday against the Bulgarian?

Comment

• Originally posted by timbatron View Post
                GB fighters have only lost one fight clearly that they've benefited from and that was the Joshua fight.

Granted, I thought the Ukranian did enough to beat Ogogo in his last fight, but it was close. I would hardly call it a robbery, more like a poor decision that was difficult to score.

Anyway, I'm proud of all our boxers. They're getting in the ring and putting it on the line for their nation. It's not their fault the judges have made a couple of bad decisions. Nearly every nation has been the victim or benefactor of poor judging so talk of bias is crazy. Corruption is far more prevalent in EE than the UK. I'm not worried.
                we're supposed to be better than eastern europe. those guys still marry livestock.

i'm just saying i feel better as a brit when a fighter of ours loses fairly than when one wins unfairly. ogogo would have been given that decision whatever happened in the ring, that much is obvious from the scoring. hartel only landed twice in the first round, seriously?

Comment

• Originally posted by Flux View Post
                  The only one I really had an issue with was the Anthony Joshua fight...Did you see Luke Campbell nearly get screwed yesterday against the Bulgarian?
                  that's true, he should have won that fight by a larger margin. maybe they were going to use him as a sacrificial lamb to counter-balance the fiddling they'll have to do to carry our two wunderkids (joshua and ogogo) to gold medals.

Comment

• Brazilian fighter very impressive! Hope they don't rob him

Comment

• Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                      that's true, he should have won that fight by a larger margin. maybe they were going to use him as a sacrificial lamb to counter-balance the fiddling they'll have to do to carry our two wunderkids (joshua and ogogo) to gold medals.
                      There is no bias going on. It's just poor judging. And even if there is it's not a conspiracy. Most home nations benefit in some way during the Olympics.....it would happen anywhere. Blame the IOC, don't criticise the boxers who are just doing what they do.

Comment

Working...
                      X