Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to Pacquiao's punching power?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    The punching power thing is disturbing but I suspect a big part of that is because he's just not as fast as he was. Pacquiao has been slowing down for some time time. That said, he is still pretty fast when he lets his hands go. Trigger finger doesn't work that well anymore and his legs left the building some time back. One thing I love about boxing are the stories that play out right before our eyes. Two years ago, Manny was inching toward top 10 status. Today, using hindsight, he never was at that level. But his total bungling of the Mayweather fight and wayward stance on testing, along with his suspect choice of opposition, have made fight fans forget that he remains an indisputable all-time great and a boxing legend.
    PAC does the same thing over and over, jab, left hand, them jab jab left hand, he just flicks the jab, he doesnt have an authoritive jab at all. Mayweather would take away his one weapon and then what is pac going to do?

Floyd is making arum suffer, he isnt afraid of manny at all. No master boxer technician and defensive wizard needs to be afraid of a style like Mannys. People forget arum went on a smear campaign against Floyd from 2006 until now. He's made because he got outsmarted and outwitted and isn't benefiting from Mayweathers monkey making abilities.

Comment

Duh, why don't they try trading with pac, see what happen.

stop fighting like sissy's.. run around like they were being chase by a

mad bee's ..1 jab by pac they step pucking 4 times back..

give him real fighters like barrera morales cotto marg hatton.. who never

back down from a fight .. not stay away from me jab..run stay away from me j

jab run. how i wish duran hearns hagler chavez sr tito armstrong etc..

win or lose pac will not back down ..packin guaranteed...

Comment

Originally posted by THE DESTROYER View Post

Bradley stood toe to toe a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
          He beat Bradley...a Undefeated Fighter...And even though he wasnt 100% up to himself as expected with JMM...He still won that fight. Although different people have different views od a REAL close fight. JMM wasnt robbed. He lost a close fight. Could have gone either way fight! Despite that...He won! As for Bradley...a blind man could see he beat Bradley. Dominated for other words! So why would he not be #1. Nothing has Changed!
          Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          Just edging JMM after underestimating him, and then beating never beaten Bradley is doing ok for no1 spot. Those 2 are better than anything Sergio has ever beat.
          Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
          killer instinct is gone
          Sum of my favorite Pacfan excuses

Comment

Clottey paid to lose in house fight .

Hatton , new trainer , never the same after Floyd , looked like crap in comeback and he was dabbling in drugs , walked in hands down .

Cotto , no CW no fight , and that stands today .

Odh , the worst case of a super fight weight drained fighter in history , need IV fluids to gain 2 lbs , Oscar was a rag doll and killed at the scales .

Margo , no CW no fight , 26 ft ring , 8oz gloves and Margo needed diuretics to make weight after 2 yrs out and a terrible 154 fight , the huge ring was just in case Margo had anything .

Mosley was ducked when winning while Mosley was begging for a fight at a ridicules 144 , after 2 loses weight dont matter and Manny fights him and looks as frustrated as hell with a shot fighter that can box .

JMM brought up to 147 with Roach saying he will be more stationary and slower , it backfired and Roach learned draining is not the same as bringing them up where they are stronger .

Bradley brought up to 147 for the same reasons and once again it backfired .

Mannys WW resume is a match making hype job and its all very clear if you read the fine print surrounding all of his WW fights .

He never had the power the match making alluded he had , simply because the opponents were in a weakened state off course your look stronger harder punching , its not where did it go it was it was not there with healthy fighters , how many times do you guys need to see that before it sinks in , power is the last thing that a boxer has it never goes , it just wasnt there .

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              Bradley stood toe to toe a lot.
              @ stand toe to toe....proves my points exactly the PAC is not very effective vs non starionary fighters. Only looks dynamic vs fighters with no movement

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
                killer instinct is gone
                this is so ****** to me.did manny not have the killer instinct when he had a draw with marquez and a loss to morales?

Comment

Originally posted by THE DESTROYER View Post

it seem to me like bradley traded with manny alot, more than any other recent opponent

Comment

I think Margarito took something out of him.

Margarito was a walking dead man and still wouldn't go down. Pacquiao always seemed to enjoy destroying dudes, but with margarito it was like.. wow.. I have to literally kill this guy to take him down and I don't want to do that.

Ever since then he hasn't pushed as hard as he used to. Or taken the fight as deep as he used to.
                    Last edited by DARKSEID; 07-27-2012, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
                      I think Margarito took something out of him.

Margarito was a walking dead man and still wouldn't go down. Pacquiao always seemed to enjoy destroying dudes, but with margarito it was like.. wow.. I have to literally kill this guy to take him down and I don't want to do that.

Ever since then he hasn't pushed as hard as he used to. Or taken the fight as deep as he used to.
                      This is a poor excuse..The ref was in the ring,it's his decision..Pac's job is to fight...

Comment

Working...
                      X