No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Freddie Roach's Take on Donaire-Rigondeaux Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
    i know...and my point was, beating up outmatched opponents doesn't really mean a lot.
    If the elite is avoiding him what he should do, wait or keep fighting whoever they put in front?

Comment

No way Arum lets Donaire any where near Rigo because he knows what would happen. Arum's going to ride Donaire like a shetland pony until his back gives out and avoid top contenders, just like he always does. Arum will cherry pick match ups for Donaire and Rigo is not on that list...It's a shame

Comment

Rigo would murder that flabby Pinoi!!

Comment

lol, even Freddie knows what's up. We all know why he can't say Rigo will beat Donaire

Comment

Originally posted by sweet-s View Post
            The quintessence is: Every top dog has to fight the others, period! Nishioka, Mares, Donaire and Rigondeaux have to fight eachother! What a strange business, money related world, where one has to state this. In every other sport the best fight/compete against the best. The fihgters. managers, promoters, TV...what a bunch of twisted reality!

If I didn't love boxing so much, I had already turned my back to another kind of sport!
            yep, but who's to blame here? Clearly not rigo, he's called donaire out many times and it was donaire who said he doesn't want to fight rigo.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              It would be a very dull fight for the most part with short bursts of explosive action. When Rigo counters with his left hand it's a thing of beauty but when he leads with it, it can be countered because you can see him loading up and he takes a small step forward before unleashing it. I can see Donaire countering with a left hook as Rigo is launching his left hand, ala Donaire vs Darchinyan.
              Its not hard to counter Rigo. He shows you his combo before he throws it . Its only a matter of are you prepared for what's coming or not.
              Originally posted by richardt View Post
              This whole Rigo vs Donaire thing is overrated. There are too many great fights to wait for that one. I'd rather see Rigo fight Mares, Santa Cruz, Mickey Garcia, or Gary Russell. The list goes on for Rigo. Louis Del Valle, Cordoba rematch, Nishioka, Jonathan Romero, Salido, Franco, Dibs, Caballero, JuanMa, Javier Fortuna would test the hell out of his chin. Any of those would be solid matchups!
              So you want a small 122 to fight featherweights and JrLWs?
              Originally posted by brick wall View Post
              those were outmatched opponents. after just the first round, rigo have them already figured out so it's just a matter of time. but it's a good start for him if he wanna avoid getting booed again. by now he should've already realized that pro boxing is different from the amateurs. business is a big factor in pro boxing and a fighter needs to be marketable to attract business.
              And what has Donaire done vs overmatched opposition? He almost lost to Mathebula...
              Last edited by .:: JSFD26 ::.; 07-25-2012, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Something about Rigo has really stuck with Roach. I rememer watching an interview some time ago an he randomly brought up Rigo's name and said Rigo is the best counter puncher he's ever seen. He seemed to believe it and talked about it. Roach probably sees Rigo as a special talent.

Anyway, I'd love a Donaire-Rigo fight. Rigo's timing is unreal and people are on about the cordoba fight and i even saw someone mention they've only seen one of his fights and said he's boring. Watching Rigo lately has been like watching a Lion up against a puppy. He's been impressive. Kind of like the last few Broner fights where it seems the opposition could literally do nothing but get destroyed. Nonito is good, but I don't like how he deals with defense. Gets way too flustered. Still, he's probably the bigger puncher and is taller. Then again...Rigo gets a lot of power in without having to load up like Donaire ha lately. This fight just has too much potential and Donaire, for all I defend him seems to legitimately not want any part of Rigo.

Comment

Mares already said he wants to fight Rigo.....before Nonito pick Matebula he said I'll fight Donaire, Rigondeaux and Nishioka in that order.

Comment

Hall of fame trainer says "whoever lands the first big punch wins."

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                      lol, even Freddie knows what's up. We all know why he can't say Rigo will beat Donaire
                      Freddie talked mad shit about Donaire before. In this case he genuinely doesn't know who would win?

Comment

Working...
                      X