No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner nets HBO it's largest ratings in several years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
    I'm kind of surprised he is already getting this much attention. Broner has a pretty good chance of being the next Mayweather.
    So the guy cheats his way to a win and the world is impressed smh

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
      So the guy cheats his way to a win and the world is impressed smh
      Thats not what happened. He simply came in over weight, which has happened to EVERY fnon heavyweight fighter at some point in their career.

Light Speed Pac is a quiet humble dude and his ppv numbers rival Floyd's. Cotto is a quiet humble dude = 3rd biggest ppv draw in america.
      The have huge ethnic fanbases, like chavez and canelo, that support boxing. For a young US fighter to get this type of rating is great.

Regardless of what you think about the way he markets himself, this kid has tremendous talent when you watch him fight.

If you like the sweet science or if you like KO's, you get both with Broner.

Comment

I think some forget this is a sport and a business. The Problem Team is basically aware that they have a talented guy with personality and a gimmick. They are also aware that he fights like Mayweather.

The Team is focusing on doing everything they can to make the most money out of an unforgiving sport as the possibly can. I don't think Broner is ******, he knows what he's doing too.

This IS "prize"fighting...

Comment

Originally posted by UnicornGirl View Post
          They are not cut from the same cloth and Ali is incapable of speech these days (sadly) so no. Anything Ali says comes from reps now and they are as trustworthy as Bob Arum.

But if Ali was never struck with his disease, the odds of Ali going against Floyd is far higher then him 'endorsing' Floyd.

Ali hated non Heavyweights, read Sugar Ray's book and what Ali said to him and about him

'stfu you just a god damn middleweight'. Ali probably feel sick to his stomach that Floyd a god damn midget is the cash cow instead of an elite heavyweight fighter like himself.
          Ali would be proud to see a you black man getting it like Floyd does while displaying such an excellent skill level. Ali was great because he was black first, I'm not pumping the fist right now but be honest with yourself. Also he was the king of offensive **** talk and his **** talk was racist half of the time. Considering the world he lived in it's hard to blame him but FLoyd or Broner never crossed the line half way as far as Ali did.

BTW
          People hated Ali as well. Anybody that receives a certain amount of love receives a similar amount of hate even Pacman.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
            I know Ward doesn't have a personality, but I wish he could have been the one to take on the most popular American fighter mantle from Mayweather, but it is what is is. I just am honestly not the impressed by Broner yet. If he can beat Gamboa I'll become a huge believer.
            Nobodies paying to watch a good Christian in a technical but boring fight. People want to love you or hate you. Ward is boring as a boxing personality. Ward could reign for a decade and it still wouldn't matter until he starts ktfo people on tv or talkin big ****, it's what makes Kahn relevant whether he wins or loses.

Comment

Originally posted by Bacatit View Post
              Ali would be proud to see a you black man getting it like Floyd does while displaying such an excellent skill level. Ali was great because he was black first, I'm not pumping the fist right now but be honest with yourself. Also he was the king of offensive **** talk and his **** talk was racist half of the time. Considering the world he lived in it's hard to blame him but FLoyd or Broner never crossed the line half way as far as Ali did.

BTW
              People hated Ali as well. Anybody that receives a certain amount of love receives a similar amount of hate even Pacman.
              The world hated Ali for a very long time. Posters always seem to forget that. Ali was a ****** that spoke out against the US during wartime. He was not beloved until much later in his career.

Comment

The future. Future all time great right here

Comment

A 3.4 rating is 2.49million viewers.

28million subscribers x 2.62 (average people per us household)= 73mil

3.4% of 73mil = 2.49mil.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtThouFurious? View Post
                    HBO hasn't done a number that large since the Vitali-Arreola i believe. Somebody correct me if i'm wrong.

In case you don't understand what a "3.4" TV rating is. That's 3.4 MILLION viewers.
                    No rating points don't translate exactly like that. An episode of True Blood on HBO pulled a 2.9 rating and that had 5.2 million viewers.

Comment

Cong**** To Adrien MR HBO Broner

Comment

Working...
                      X