Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's resume is better at 147lbs? Mayweather or Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto does not count on Manny's 147 resume. If they wanted that to be a 147 fight, team manny wouldn't have made a catchweight. Why no catch weight for Oscar? (who hadn't been that low in years) but one for Cotto? (who had been fighting there for years and comfortably)

Comment

Pac is miles better than Floyd. Floyd has campaigned at that weight for how many years, and not a lot to show for it.
      Cotto or any other WW who has campaigned at that weight all their lives might have more victims on their resume for good reason (they fought their whole lives at that weight) but Pac did to Cotto what no other WW had ever done, he did to Clottey what no WW had ever done.

Pac demolished everyone in that weight.

Comment

Cotto was at 145 so we cant include that one and when you take that result out teh rets really arent that impressive.

Old washed up weight Drained Oscar stands out as his best win. The rest were 12 rounders against hasbeens and the one prime fighter he fought, he lost to.

Floyds resume is better but you can pick holes in his resume too.

Comment

Floyd. He beat the lineal champ twice : Baldomir and Mosley.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            strange how floyd fought baldomir(journeyman) and mosley(shot) when they were ranked #1 but not cotto, margarito or pac who were prime when they were ranked #1. It's almost as if he waited for some longshot to score an upset win then he pounced. He sure has great timing doesn't he!
            Margarito was number 1 for about 5 minutes. Then Mosley blasted him in his next fight.

Comment

I voted Mayweather, only because Pacquiao doesn't fight at 147, he fights at whatever weight he wants.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                Pac is miles better than Floyd. Floyd has campaigned at that weight for how many years, and not a lot to show for it.
                Cotto or any other WW who has campaigned at that weight all their lives might have more victims on their resume for good reason (they fought their whole lives at that weight) but Pac did to Cotto what no other WW had ever done, he did to Clottey what no WW had ever done.

Pac demolished everyone in that weight.
                You went with Manny. Theres a freakin surprize. You would pick Boners resume over Floyds. Your a joke dude. The funny thing is Floyd on his death bed is still better than anybody ever to come out of England.

Comment

For people saying Floyd’s resume at 147 is better because of Baldomir and Shane because they were the lineal champs. Thats fine anyone can be a champ today. but does anyone really consider those 2 fighters tougher then a 145 Cotto? Whether people believe Cotto was weight drained horrible because of those 2 pounds is fine but still he had more left then that shane and Baldomir.

Either way for the 2 top fighters of the sport for about the past 10 years to have such a ****ty resume should say something about them. I give Manny more credit then Floyd though for his first 2 fights with Marquez. whether you thought he won or not they were close and they are legit no excuse competitive fights against a hall of famer was in his prime.

In recent times and i give floyd credit for taking on Ortiz after how he looked against Berto. Solid win for Floyd. Him fighting Cotto and winning at 154 was good too but most of didn’t think it was going to be that tough and I’m sure Floyd didn’t think so neither.

Both men are great talents who care more about money then their legacy, their fans, and their sport and i don’t blame them its a job first, but some of you guys on here mostly Floyd fans can’t stop talking about how he is undefeated and the best but i can give you about 50 fighters who if they had the same resume would be undefeated as well.

Comment

Its pretty even... Pacquiao edges it for me though.

Comment

Originally posted by UnicornGirl View Post
                      Ok. Floyd's is greater. Lol. I'm easily convinced on a boxing site. I could care less.

Floyd ranked ahead of Pacquaio or the other way around does not effect my life in any way whatsoever. I just find it funny it affects the lives of people like you.

(and it does, I can tell just by a few posts of yours)
                      you mean you couldn't care less because if you could care less it means you have room to not give more of a damn but you still give a damn more than you should because you could care less.

Comment

Working...
                      X