Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's resume is better at 147lbs? Mayweather or Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
    When Floyd fought Baldomir wasn't Cotto still at 140?

Shane was shot? He was coming off a destruction of margarito and was ranked #1 at ww and #3 p4p
    Those #1 and #3 are all smoke screens that only gullible fans believe. I hope you are not one of them?

Shane was a shell of himself. Shane hadn't fought in about 16 months. Not a good thing for a 39 year old. Shane gave it all in one round then was gassed for the rest of that fight.

Shane then fought Mora a few months later and looked awful.
    Shane then fought Manny a few months later and looked awful.
    Shane then fought Canelo a year later and looked awful.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      at 154. floyd had his own tournament of champions with baldomir, hatton, and zab judah. and he won so he must be the best! ignore everyone else in the division it's floyd's time to shine!

never thought of that..

Comment

So which 147 pounders in the last 10 years were on Leonard's level, or even Hearns or Benitez who are a cut below him, or hell even Trinidad or Quartey who are below that~

I guess they should have talked to Doc Brown and get the hook up on the DeLorean so they could have found some great guys~

Comment

BTW, George Benton is Larryx's new alt :geek9:

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
            Those #1 and #3 are all smoke screens that only gullible fans believe. I hope you are not one of them?

Shane was a shell of himself. Shane hadn't fought in about 16 months. Not a good thing for a 39 year old. Shane gave it all in one round then was gassed for the rest of that fight.

Shane then fought Mora a few months later and looked awful.
            Shane then fought Manny a few months later and looked awful.
            Shane then fought Canelo a year later and looked awful.
            This thread isn't about the state of their opponents, it is asking for a comparison.

If Shane was at a 5 when he fought Floyd, then he was at a 2 when Manny decided to fight him. You cannot argue that.

Comment

Floyd...............

Comment

I'd give Pac credit for greater resume when you take all things into consideration. But, I'd favor May to decision Pac in a fight right now, just based on styles.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                  This thread isn't about the state of their opponents, it is asking for a comparison.

If Shane was at a 5 when he fought Floyd, then he was at a 2 when Manny decided to fight him. You cannot argue that.
                  he goes from a 5 to a 2 in a year? it's the same shot mosley what's the difference? you are either shot or you aren't. is this like roy jones vs calzaghe compared to roy jones vs danny green? oh yea calzaghe beat a much better version....

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    So which 147 pounders in the last 10 years were on Leonard's level, or even Hearns or Benitez who are a cut below him, or hell even Trinidad or Quartey who are below that~

I guess they should have talked to Doc Brown and get the hook up on the DeLorean so they could have found some great guys~
                    well they could fight each other....so we wouldn't have to do resume warriors. imagine if leonard and hearns never fought each other we would be doing the same thing. why did they have to destroy our fantasy boxing league by actually fighting!

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                      The state of their opponents matters when you're evaluating a resume. There's a reason why Holmes doesn't get any credit for having Ali's name in his W column. The career stage of the opponent matters. It's not just having the name.

Poet

Comment

Working...
                      X