No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Still Gives Mayweather The Edge on Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zzat View Post
    Oscar, Hatton and Mosley give Floyd the edge. I think Marquez would give Mayweatber the edge based on his own perfomance against Pac. I haven't heard anything from Cotto.
    JMM says money beats PAC.

Comment

• This fight should have happened May 2010 after pac caught Cotto at a catch weight and taxed him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Popovich View Post
        LOL @ not being able to refute your ridiculous comment.

Oscar had two fights at MW, clearly lost the first and got KO'd in the second. He was retired from boxing, building GBP, but some how he was suppose to fight Floyd.

Do you realize how ****** you sound saying Oscar should have fought Floyd in 06?

Like Who???

Of course I'm gonna insult a bunch of idiots who constantly talk about what a fighter could have done or would do to _________ fighter. You guys are the only group who put so much emphasis on what Floyd would do to a certain fighter, instead of asking why he just wont go out, beat the guy, and just prove he is the better man.

Factual events like Floyd vs Margarito, Floyd vs Pacquiao, Floyd vs Cotto 2008 etc......Ohh wait those never happened.
        He was on hiatus, the same thing floyd was on when he could've fought fighter x, y or z according to posters such as yourself. But of course its different.

Rather than discuss"you guys" simply discuss my points. Its conveinent to lump all floyd fans together when you simply have no rational response.

We answer why floyd just wont go out, beat the guy, and just prove he is the better man every day. Its because the those guys guys avoid fighting him. Fans who don't like floyd or like one of the fighters who wouldn't fight him, such as yourself a huge manny fan, then focus just on floyd.

We know why each fight didn't happen, but of course posters like you pick and choose which facts to believe. Of course when its a fighter you like well you extend the benefit ogf the doubt. WHen its floyd, apply the formula-every fighter that wouldn't fight floyd would have beaten him.

Comment

• I disagree

Both are in decline

We have seen the very best of Mayweather:

Cotto was his toughest fight

He has avoided the best for years in their prime

He bled in his last fight.

He is bigger and longer than Pac

He should whup Pac

We may or maynot have seen the best of Pac

Even though Pac was criminally robbed in his last fight he was gassing in the last few rounds

Not typical of Pac

If he did that against JR he will lose

IF he gets back that untiring stamina he will make May JR bleed

The straight left will land hard

We may see JR on the floor

I can see it now, his expression is one outside the ring , somewhere in never never land tiptoeing thru the nice tulips, he gets up but if it happens with time left on the clock he is done if at the end of the round he survives to survive the fight by running

Pac wins by KO if the "THE PUNCH" lands early in the round

Pac loses by decision coming from another criminal ROB

IF I am wrong then then I will gladly say it !!!

This fight should have taken place after the Cotto fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
            I disagree

Both are in decline

We have seen the very best of Mayweather:

Cotto was his toughest fight

He has avoided the best for years in their prime

He bled in his last fight.

He is bigger and longer than Pac

He should whup Pac

We may or maynot have seen the best of Pac

Even though Pac was criminally robbed in his last fight he was gassing in the last few rounds

Not typical of Pac

If he did that against JR he will lose

IF he gets back that untiring stamina he will make May JR bleed

The straight left will land hard

We may see JR on the floor

I can see it now, his expression is one outside the ring , somewhere in never never land tiptoeing thru the nice tulips, he gets up but if it happens with time left on the clock he is done if at the end of the round he survives to survive the fight by running

Pac wins by KO if the "THE PUNCH" lands early in the round

Pac loses by decision coming from another criminal ROB

IF I am wrong then then I will gladly say it !!!

This fight should have taken place after the Cotto fight.
            Manny's "untiring stamina" has always been the key. How does one aciveve this and then just suddenly lose it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
              Manny's "untiring stamina" has always been the key. How does one aciveve this and then just suddenly lose it?
              I had it but then I lost it, I got older, grins !!

We have conversed before concerning Hagler Leonard.

I hated it that Leonard didn't fight Hagler in his prime but waited , I know he had an eye issue however that time lapse , the few years between put Hagler a step behind. I hated that, grins.

same with Pac and JR

Comment

• Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
                I had it but then I lost it, I got older, grins !!

We have conversed before concerning Hagler Leonard.

I hated it that Leonard didn't fight Hagler in his prime but waited , I know he had an eye issue however that time lapse , the few years between put Hagler a step behind. I hated that, grins.

same with Pac and JR
                I'll preface this by acknowledging Hagler and Floyd are my 2 favorite boxers.

the reason Bob/SRL waited is the same reason Bob/Manny waited. Only difference is floyd is in the position where he doesn't have to give up ring size to make even money.

The "untiring stamina" will always be a mystery. I give manny the benefit of the doubt. Others will not!

Comment

• Originally posted by Popovich View Post
                  Of course I'm gonna insult a bunch of idiots who constantly talk about what a fighter could have done or would do to _________ fighter. You guys are the only group who put so much emphasis on what Floyd would do to a certain fighter, instead of asking why he just wont go out, beat the guy, and just prove he is the better man.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Popovich
                    Because Manny wont fight him , every time its Manny that says no deal , its not hard to figure out dude !

Comment

• Pacquiao could not even get light hitting, broken feet Bradley out of there, so why would I believe Pac will overwhelm Mayweather? Mosley and Marquez made him look bad and Pac has been hit more than he should against guys who were obviously slower than him. Floyd has and will always be the favorite over Pacquiao with the bookies and majority of people within the sport. No one is hating on Manny but stating what it is.

Comment

Working...
                      X