Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have Wladimir reach the levels of Lennox Lewis? Is he already better?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UnicornGirl View Post
    That guy is vladimir23 on the East. He's a joke of a poster and a racist to boot. I call it like it is.

Prime Lennox will beat Vitali in a very competitive fight Probably by UD, something like 7-5.
    Prime Lennox vs Current Wlad is a 60-40 fight. Lewis is still the favorite, but just slightly. Come on you guys can't hate the Kbros that much...

I mean it's not like I'm a typical Kbro fan that comes in and start yelling like

'VITALI RETIRED LENNOX' WAH WAH WAH. I know Lewis was old and going to retire anyways. Why should he give a rematch to someone he tko6ed? I fully respect Lennox's decision to retire. He also would have won that fight, Vitali was losing an eye and the doctor saved his career and possibly his vision.
    OK, fair enough, I retract the Wlad Ownz comment and I'll remove it from my post.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      It don't matter who Wladimir beats because once he has it automatically makes them bums on this website.

Wladimir will not get the true credit he deserves until he is long retired & we're left with Deontay Wilder, Tyson Fury & the other jokes of the heavyweight division.

Wladimir is an ATG & very few of these so called heavyweight greats could hang with him, head-to-head.
      Some good points made

Comment

Originally posted by Fix View Post
        lmao.. Wlad will never ever reach the level of Lewis. Never! He isn't half the fighter Lewis was in his prime.. Wlad isn't half the fighter VITALI was in his prime, so how could he ever be even in the same league as Lewis. It's like comparing for example, Floyd Mayweather to Brandon Rios. While Rios (and Wlad) are good fighters, Floyd Mayweather (and Lennox Lewis) are in a totally superior league.

Nothing will ever change that.
        Come on you went too far with those comparisons

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          There really is no comparison between Brandon Rios and Wladmir Klitschko.

Wladimir Klitschko is a future HOF'er and on a complete different level to Brandon Rios.
          Good points made

Comment

Disagree, Wladimir has a limited skill set just like Rios does. Their styles are totally different, in fact they are almost polar opposites. It's their limitations that I'm talking about. Think about it and see if you can work it out.
            The comparison is still off, Wladimir is levels above Rios

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
              Yes but you've compared a proven legendary heavyweight Champ to a unproven nobody as it stands.

Wlad is a Boxing legend. Rios at the moment is not even at 10% of where Wlad is at.
              Good points made

Comment

The comparison is only centered around their limitations as fighters.

To put it in open terms, Wladimir is extremely limited for example in inside fighting, whereas Rios is limited in distance fighting. They both excel in the opposite but both are limited in the styles described. Polar opposites, but completely comparable because of the fact they are limited fighters in particular styles of fighting.

Lewis on the other hand, was a great inside fighter and distance boxer. Wlad could never come close to Lewis because he'll never have those inside skills like Lewis did. If he could have, he'd already have them by now. But he doesn't. His style is jab, jab, right hand. Just like Haye correctly described. It's an insult to Lewis to mention Wlad in the same sentence.
                It's not an insult to Lewis to put and Wladimir in the same sentence Lewis talks well of Wladimir

Comment

Great Post.

May I add in my theory? This current version of Wladimir imo beats everyone you list other then Lewis. But the reason Wlad has been able to get to the ATG Levels that he is at now is because of 1-Manny Steward and 2- A Weaker Era compare to the 90's.
                  In other words, in this era, Wladimir was able to come back from the huge career setbacks of Brewster and Sanders because the competition isn't quite as lethal as the 90's competition. If something like a SANDERS or Brewster happened to Wladimir during the 90's era, he would have been fed to the wolves. Ala a comeback Prison Tyson, a Ruddock or a Prime Golota.

Now can this current prime version of Wladimir destroy Golota? Of course, but I admit that the version of Wlad that fought Sanders would have been knocked out.

Wladimir has reached his full prime and potential, something that I doubt he would have been able to do if he was fighting amongst the 90's
                  heavyweights.
                  I don't think Wlad beats Holyfield, no way at all. He could not keep him at bay, and Holyfield was an immensely strong man, he was a freak. He was fast, a tremendous inside fighter, and most importantly he was one of the smartest heavyweights I have seen. Wlad has never faced anything near the top guys in the 90's so it is always going to be one educated guess against another.

Wlad had done everything asked of him, and he has learned to dominate fighters but these guys are of a average to very low standard. David Haye is a good fighter but he is a small fighter, his frame is very lean, plus stylistically he fights like a big guy which doesn't help him against someone like the Klitschko's. Riddick Bowe was a beast in his prime too, he could fight inside/outside, tall-huge reach, a right hand that couldknock out a horse, I don't see Wlad lasting too long with him, like I said in my previous post, I could see Wlad picking these guys off using his feet and straight punches, but when you fight great fighters you are goingto get hit, and you are going to be forced to fight, I dont see Wlad being able to exchange with these guys, he is great under control only.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                    I don't think Wlad beats Holyfield, no way at all. He could not keep him at bay, and Holyfield was an immensely strong man, he was a freak. He was fast, a tremendous inside fighter, and most importantly he was one of the smartest heavyweights I have seen. Wlad has never faced anything near the top guys in the 90's so it is always going to be one educated guess against another.

Wlad had done everything asked of him, and he has learned to dominate fighters but these guys are of a average to very low standard. David Haye is a good fighter but he is a small fighter, his frame is very lean, plus stylistically he fights like a big guy which doesn't help him against someone like the Klitschko's. Riddick Bowe was a beast in his prime too, he could fight inside/outside, tall-huge reach, a right hand that couldknock out a horse, I don't see Wlad lasting too long with him, like I said in my previous post, I could see Wlad picking these guys off using his feet and straight punches, but when you fight great fighters you are goingto get hit, and you are going to be forced to fight, I dont see Wlad being able to exchange with these guys, he is great under control only.
                    Good Points. Hmm. Ok. Can we agree he'll be the FOURTH BEST HW of the 90's ???

Behind Lewis Holyfield and Bowe? What do you think of a 90's Tyson vs Wlad? I'm curious. 90's Tyson was still pretty elite,

Comment

Good Points. Hmm. Ok. Can we agree he'll be the FOURTH BEST HW of the 90's ???

Behind Lewis Holyfield and Bowe? What do you think of a 90's Tyson vs Wlad? I'm curious. 90's Tyson was still pretty elite,
                      Yeah maybe he could be, these are head to head match ups anyway. The great thing about Wlad is that he always comes in shape and now has found tremendous consistency, that is what I like about him. Whereas someone like Bowe often had poor discipline and didnt come in the best shape, and I think that says a lot about a fighters greatness. Another guy...Michael Moorer, tremendous talent, but again inconsistent.

Prime Wlad against Tyson is another fight I would love to see. I think Wlad would have a very good chance to beat a post jail Tyson. There is a big size advantage there, but Wlad's defences get so scattered on the inside, and Tyson is so committed to getting on the inside...I just don't know. If Wlad can survive the first 4-5 I think he wins on points.

Comment

Working...
                      X