Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL NSB Al Haymon managed fighters thread. Discuss & Debate!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
    yes it is his fault as much as it is anyone else who puts a crap fight on

wait why is Floyd/Bradley better on paper?
    I guess we disagree. If HBO wanted good fights, every card would have equally matched opponents and the action would sell the fight. If haymon presented a mimatch they'd say GTFOH!! Haymon is giving HBO what they want.

That seems to be the porevailing mentality on this board nowadays, floyd/bradley is better on paper, than floyd/manny.

Comment

• Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
      LMAO.

So the Andre Berto BAD years were justified because Ortiz fought Mayweather?

Someone shoot me.
      no, but if you are complaining more about berto on BAD than you are manny/clottey or manny/margarito then there is a problem IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        I guess we disagree. If HBO wanted good fights, every card would have equally matched opponents and the action would sell the fight. If haymon presented a mimatch they'd say GTFOH!! Haymon is giving HBO what they want.

That seems to be the porevailing mentality on this board nowadays, floyd/bradley is better on paper, than floyd/manny.
        is that what you think and if so why when IMO and the opinions of the vast majority Manny beat Bradley. Some say close some say comfortable some say wide but the vast majority think he bested Bradley

Comment

no, but if you are complaining more about berto on BAD than you are manny/clottey or manny/margarito then there is a problem IMO.
          That isn't even what that conversation was about~

It was about how HBO felt about their Berto investments, and it is easy to justify they are ok with it in the end because all that build up lead to the Ortiz fight which was a big enough fight to change a lot of views on Ortiz which lead directly to a huge fight.

HBO is in the business of big or even better huge fights and Floyd-Ortiz was a damn big fight, so if they got what they wanted in the end how mad can they be even if the path was not exactly smooth or direct.

Comment

actually that's a bad example as both fights you mentioned are PPV and not part of HBO's budget for boxing

Berto's run was largely against the budget of HBO save for I think his title shot against Rodriguez

Comment

• Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
              Pacquiao?

and if you are a fan of the sport stop complaining about the fighters getting paid. Can they live?
              Not PPV appearances. BAD appearances. And I'm all for fighters getting their paper, but not at the expense of the sport. Andre Berto was severely overpaid for hack fights. That money could have been used to market or showcase other fighters. I don't blame Berto at all. But Haymon and HBO ****ed up with that.

Comment

• Do fans of other sports go this into details about the inner workings of the business aspect? haha. We know way too much.

Comment

• he has a very impressive Roster of Fighters, especially his up and coming fighters

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    Whatever floats your boat do you~

However if you can't understand the point of what I said don't comment~
                    I understand perfectly well. You're reaching so bad to find a way to justify the BAD Berto years. The Berto star manufacturing experiment failed, simple as that. Him being exposed by Ortiz, who then got a Mayweather fight out of it does not mean it worked.

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                    What the hell are you talking about?

I complained bitterly about Manny vs Shane/Margarito (not Clottey - and quite frankly, I'm not here to talk about that fight).

Now what?

What's funny about this whole situation is that black posters are paranoid that everyone hates Haymon cos of his colour. Yet, if there's anyone who brings this whole issue down to racial lines, it's these same posters.

The same posters who defend Broner skipping out of making weight are the same ones who defend Haymon.

What's that thing you whisper to each other?

"We all know what this is really about smh"

Yeah. The rest of us do as well.

Al Haymon - great for his fighters, bad for the sport. This is what it boils down to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
                      I understand perfectly well. You're reaching so bad to find a way to justify the BAD Berto years. The Berto star manufacturing experiment failed, simple as that. Him being exposed by Ortiz, who then got a Mayweather fight out of it does not mean it worked.

You clearly do not get it~

I don't care nor do I need to justify, I was merely sharing my view. You don't like it so what, I don't post to get your nor anybodies approval~

HBO might feel differently, which is what it was about so go back to the first line.

Comment

Working...
                      X