Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL NSB Al Haymon managed fighters thread. Discuss & Debate!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    I can't really blame Haymon, he does his job and does it incredibly well. I do wonder sometimes if the man has blackmail on people at HBO though, his fighters always seem to be the ones HBO hypes up most, and are the ones allowed to fight the weakest opposition yet still get paid.
    his blackmail used to be his concert promotions. He would allude to not putting some of his acts (Jay Z Beyonce etc) on if certain dates were not available

now? he has enough of a stable to where he plays HBO and Showtime against each other.

did you also know MOST of his fighters do not have promotional contracts with the promoters they fight under?

very true

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
      are you alluding to race being why he gets hate?

because if so then couldn't you also say that his race can also be a reason why certain people defend him as well?
      They won't admit to that. These guys, apparently, are the most tolerant members in internet history. They see no color, according to them. It's just a coincidence that the fighters they tend to defend most of the time are African American.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
        They won't admit to that. These guys, apparently, are the most tolerant members in internet history. They see no color, according to them. It's just a coincidence that the fighters they tend to defend most of the time are African American.
        I hate patting myself on the back but to be honest I am one of the most color blinded people on here

as much as people are outraged that Haymon gets flack because they feel that he is black the same could be said for some on here praising him because essentially he is doing EXACTLY THE SAME THING that promoters and managers of a fairer complexion do

angle to get the best deal for all involved and screw the fan

period end of story and if anyone would like to debate that

I am all too willing

Comment

I hate patting myself on the back but to be honest I am one of the most color blinded people on here

as much as people are outraged that Haymon gets flack because they feel that he is black the same could be said for some on here praising him because essentially he is doing EXACTLY THE SAME THING that promoters and managers of a fairer complexion do

angle to get the best deal for all involved and screw the fan

period end of story and if anyone would like to debate that

I am all too willing
          Which is why I said that they were all parasites.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
            Which is why I said that they were all parasites.
            agreed although I do think Haymon shows more respect for the fighters he manages than a lot of people currently in the industry

but yeah he is milking off of boxing the same way most do

Comment

agreed although I do think Haymon shows more respect for the fighters he manages than a lot of people currently in the industry

but yeah he is milking off of boxing the same way most do
              He definitely does run a cleaner ship which is why he doesn't have many leaks. I haven't heard of anyone leaving his stable since learning about who he is and what he does for fighters. Could be because he genuinely cares about his relationship with his clients or because he wants to ensure his enterprise is operating at max capacity. Something that's obviously not what Arum is doing since he seems to eventually piss of his fighters. I don't think Ive seen a stable more UNstable than Top Rank's. Discord against the company and disputes, etc from their fighters.

Comment

Floyd May weather=only person he hasn't fought is manny pac

Rico Ramos=didn't he just fight one of most avoided guys in his division ?

Austin Trout=a prospect

Andre Berto= biggest reason to be pissed at haymon but he did finally take a risk with ortiz

Adrien Broner=still a upcoming fighter

Paul Williams=fought everyone

Antonio Tarver=fought everyone

Jermain Taylor=fought everyone

Gary Russel Jr=prospect

Seth Mitchell=almost time for him to step up either he will or he wont

Peter Quillin=still developing

Chris Arreola=fought just about the best heavies out there

Danny Garcia=still a developing fighter put in with the best in the division

Josesito Lopez=still a developing fighter put in with vic ortiz in his first fight at 147

Devon Alexander=took a risk with maidana ,bradley

Sakio Bika=fought just about everyone at 168

Anthony Dirrell=a prospect

Librade Andrade=fought bute almost koed him but was cheated

Erislandy Lara=wants to fight everyone but has been ducked will see if
                haymon get's him better fights

Vernon Forrest=took risk against shane and mayorga

Jesse Vargas=a prospect

Keith Thurman=a prospect that was in line to fight maidana not at his best
                weight but still a dangerous fight for a prospect

Omar Figuerora=still a developing fighter

Demetrius Andrade=a prospect

Naim Terbunja=hasn't had a fight yet i don't believe

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  Yeah, it's ridiculous. Not even sure where the hate comes from. He gets fighters the most money so what's the problem? And how is he worse than anyone else?
                  This is the deal! He help fighters but also hurt the sport of boxing. Everybody knows he is a cherry picker at the time to find an opponent for his fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
                    Floyd May weather=only person he hasn't fought is manny pac

Rico Ramos=didn't he just fight one of most avoided guys in his division ?

Austin Trout=a prospect

Andre Berto= biggest reason to be pissed at haymon but he did finally take a risk with ortiz

Adrien Broner=still a upcoming fighter

Paul Williams=fought everyone

Antonio Tarver=fought everyone

Jermain Taylor=fought everyone

Gary Russel Jr=prospect

Seth Mitchell=almost time for him to step up either he will or he wont

Peter Quillin=still developing

Chris Arreola=fought just about the best heavies out there

Danny Garcia=still a developing fighter put in with the best in the division

Josesito Lopez=still a developing fighter put in with vic ortiz in his first fight at 147

Devon Alexander=took a risk with maidana ,bradley

Sakio Bika=fought just about everyone at 168

Anthony Dirrell=a prospect

Librade Andrade=fought bute almost koed him but was cheated

Erislandy Lara=wants to fight everyone but has been ducked will see if
                    haymon get's him better fights

Vernon Forrest=took risk against shane and mayorga

Jesse Vargas=a prospect

Keith Thurman=a prospect that was in line to fight maidana not at his best
                    weight but still a dangerous fight for a prospect

Omar Figuerora=still a developing fighter

Demetrius Andrade=a prospect

Naim Terbunja=hasn't had a fight yet i don't believe
                    #WarTeamHaymon

Comment

• Originally posted by boricua2311 View Post
                      This is the deal! He help fighters but also hurt the sport of boxing. Everybody knows he is a cherry picker at the time to find an opponent for his fighters.
                      WTF r u talking about?

Comment

Working...
                      X