No announcement yet.

Brandon Rios: I'd love to fight Adrien Broner, I'd possibly KO him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    Broner walks in straight lines, no lateral movement. Abril has tying up a lot and using side to side movement, Rios was drained as well. If this fight happened at 140, Broner gets walked down and worked over against the ropes. All Broner has is a headlock technique when he gets into trouble, he would likely get penalized for consistently doing it against Rios.

Broner needs space to get his punches of because of his very wide stance, he won't do good up close with his back against the ropes. Rios is easy to hit but I don't think Broner would be able to withstand the pressure or power on Rios' shots. Rios by late TKO stoppage.
    Exactly broner really doesn't move around like these guys seem to think. He stays in the pocket & covers up while smaller guys **** away. That $h!t won't fly doing that crap with Rios. These guys are mistaken comparing his defense to Floyd's.

Comment

I think Rios breaks him down and KOs him late

Boner is so un-authentic. Nothing about him and his style is fluid. Instead of fighting in his own style, he copies a superior fighter and then his offense comes off static. He forces himself into these postures and you can tell he has to think about how his punches comes out.

Bam Bam just steamrolls right through this guy with no thoughts. I see Bam Bam as naturally stronger and being able to push him around while Boner tries to keep that Philly shell up. If this fight goes down, I'd be betting very comfortably

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        Hell I'd even go as far as to say that for the most part, broner fights more like a young Mosley that Floyd. He doesn't utilize his legs & movement like Floyd used to. He stands in front of smaller guys & covers up with a little upper body movement but he's more a ****er like Sugar Shane than a defender like Floyd.
        He fights like Floyd right now, staying mostly stationary, using upper body movement, and absorbing blows on his shoulders and arms. It works against the fighters he fights. Unless his power stays absolutely dynamite like it is right now as he moves up, bigger guys like Rios will bust him up.

Of course, by the time he gets to 140, I'm assuming that will be a couple years at least, he may have improved. Right now though? No way I'd expect him to just beat up and dominate someone like Rios, not unless his power is the same as he moved up. Broner just doesn't strike me as the full truth.

Comment

I'm not a fan of Rios at all I thought he lost his last fight but if he fought Broner I'd root for him against that arrogant twat

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            Fix didn't make it up. The quotes are from a radio interview that Rios gave. It starts at the 35:40 mark.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/thaboxi...nthony-mundine
            yes i just got through listening to the segment. these radio shows are iffy to me because i don't follow them like that.

so in short this is what rios said..............

danny garcia (i want that fight & i will knock him out)

lucas maythses (i can knock him out)

broner (i think i can knock him out)

abril (i will beat him up again)

rios sounded more like he was talking ****...................(but the quotes are real)

Last edited by americanbot; 07-22-2012, 11:58 AM.

Comment

I voted Broner by KO. Broner can really punch and Rios is really easy to hit. I have seen Rios hurt by lesser punchers than Broner. If Broner can't hurt Rios then I think Rios would win because he puts lots of pressure on his opponent and Broner does not like pressure. I assume we are talking about a fight at 140. At 135 they may both fail to make weight.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                He fights like Floyd right now, staying mostly stationary, using upper body movement, and absorbing blows on his shoulders and arms. It works against the fighters he fights. Unless his power stays absolutely dynamite like it is right now as he moves up, bigger guys like Rios will bust him up.

Of course, by the time he gets to 140, I'm assuming that will be a couple years at least, he may have improved. Right now though? No way I'd expect him to just beat up and dominate someone like Rios, not unless his power is the same as he moved up. Broner just doesn't strike me as the full truth.
                This is assuming that Rios is able to carry his power to the next weight class. Broner would probably use the first 2 rounds to gauge Rios's power. If he respects it, he'll fight behind the jab, fight on the outside and be more defensive-minded. If he doesn't, then he'll probably aim to do what he did to Escobedo. I think current Broner would beat Rios, but of course he's still questionable in certain areas. Rios would definitely test his stamina and mental toughness.

Comment

This fight IS a possibility imo..if Rios could make whatever weight it is at. Broner said he'd fight Rios at a catchweight, which clearly means over 135. Can Rios even make 140 though, let alone 137, 8ish? Dude looked huge last I saw him.

Comment

Well, if Rios is throwing out names like Matthysse, then that means he plans on campaigning at 140lb. Rios could find himself breaking down from Matt's pressure and power.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                      Well, if Rios is throwing out names like Matthysse, then that means he plans on campaigning at 140lb. Rios could find himself breaking down from Matt's pressure and power.
                      danny garcia

lucas matthysse

broner

abril

rios thinks that he ko's all of these guys.............(& he gave no credit to abril in the 1st fight)

he also thinks he'll ko alvarado.

truthfully he was talking ****...............abril schools him again, matthysse ko's him, garcia schools him, broner schools & tko's him.

he only has a chance against alvarado..............
                      Last edited by americanbot; 07-22-2012, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X