No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner vs. Escobedo Clash Appears To Be Back in Play

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
    Good for Escobedo, he's at no fault in any of this plus he's making money.

That being said, its another black eye for boxing as now the precedent, now solidified thanks to Broner, is that you can come in overweight, screw up your second chance, but throw money at the problem and you get off scott-free. What this means is that boxers will need less discipline, less rigor, less focus, and less self control then previously because they can throw money around and appease people.

Be wary, I predict that more boxers will come in overweight and just throw money at the system.

I also predict that this is a slippery slope, and soon there will be a high profile time when a boxer is guilty of PED but still fights because they threw enough money at the system.
    i just hope the extra money comes from broners purse, if not that idiot can pull this shyt again...

Comment

• after this dabacle i put broner right behind guerrero on that list of fighters who need to stfu.

Comment

• Originally posted by -vincenzo- View Post
        i'm happy there is a fight, i dont care about no vendetta against anyone. if he manages to get away with that for the rest of his life, so be it, more power to him.

now lets hope we see a good fight tonight folks
        Your not a fan of the sport of boxing!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomasio View Post
          ¿$400,000? It says that they added $120,000 to the already $180,000 that Escobedo was already receiving, & the last time I checked 120,000 + 180,000=300,000..So ¿How much is he getting? & Broner was supposedly getting $300,000..So ¿are they matching Escobedo's purse to Broner or is Escobedo getting more?
          Al Haymon coming out of pocket.

Comment

• Originally posted by rckdees View Post
            after this dabacle i put broner right behind guerrero on that list of fighters who need to stfu.
            He should be behind JCC Jr in terms if his actions. Imagine if Broner was Top Rank? Escobedo would have been forced to fight for free

Comment

• Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
              AL Haymon used to manage/advise Ted Dibiase in his younger days....look....

Oh sh**, Virgil. LMAO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomasio View Post
                ¿$400,000? It says that they added $120,000 to the already $180,000 that Escobedo was already receiving, & the last time I checked 120,000 + 180,000=300,000..So ¿How much is he getting? & Broner was supposedly getting $300,000..So ¿are they matching Escobedo's purse to Broner or is Escobedo getting more?
                You're right. It would be 220,000 plus the 180,000 for a total of 400,000 and more than Broner.

Comment

• Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                  I think Escobedo will still have the decency to try to win.

If I was him I would just be dirty as hell, even it means a DQ. Low blows, elbows, hitting after the bell, ect. lol
                  Same, I wouldn't pull a Cintron or anything like that. Broner wants to play dirty and cheat, well I would do the same when that bell rang.

Comment

• Well **** chente, so much for standing up for yourself and upholding basic principle and morals lol. At the end of the day, money talks, and now he's going to get pummeled for the biggest payday of his career (I assume).

Well, I'm happy for him hell, what can I say? I would have prolly done the same exact thing, **** that's some good money right there

Comment

• Originally posted by EdWins View Post
                      Well **** chente, so much for standing up for yourself and upholding basic principle and morals lol. At the end of the day, money talks, and now he's going to get pummeled for the biggest payday of his career (I assume).

Well, I'm happy for him hell, what can I say? I would have prolly done the same exact thing, **** that's some good money right there
                      At the end of the day, it's his job. He needs the money more than he needs our respect, and money like he is making is not something he is used to I'm sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X