Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Klitschko Open To Haye Clash in The Future, Maybe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's amazing what a little appearance of "ducking" can do for a proposed fight. If Vitali simply accepts the fight with no problems, not many would question that he would win.

But because he is being difficult, all of sudden the perception is that Haye can win. That Vitali is facing bums and avoiding a beatdown. The truth is Haye doesn't have the abilities to get through either Klitschko's shield and do anything effective for 12 rounds to get a decision, or a KO. Vitali probably wouldn't do any better than Wlad, unless a surprise Ko happened but Haye cannot win.

Comment

To call Wladimir's victory over Haye a "dominating" performance is really a stretch.

Wlad landed 26% of his total punches.
      Haye landed 25% of his total punches.

Neither man looked troubled or hurt in the fight. Wlad outscored Haye, threw a lot more and obviously landed more overall, but failed to score a legitimate knockdown. Haye didn't look confident, and threw only half the punches he threw in other fights.

Both guys looked pretty bad, to be honest.

Chris Byrd, Samuel Peter, Tony Thompson were all granted rematches with Wladimir. Why not Haye?

Comment

Valero, my standards must be low because I think when a fighter wins 10 of 12 rds, throws more punches, lands more punches and is the aggressor throught the fight, I consider that dominate!

Comment

Ok that's cool I agree

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
            Valero, my standards must be low because I think when a fighter wins 10 of 12 rds, throws more punches, lands more punches and is the aggressor throught the fight, I consider that dominate!
            Not to mention Haye flopping to the ground the whole fight as well. Wlad beat Haye pretty comfortably to say the least, because Haye was too afraid to engage.

Haye is indeed a good fighter, and would probably be the best fight available, but he also talked alot and didn't deliver....or even make a legitimate attempt to deliver. If Haye would have went out on his shield people would be all about it, but he justified his fear with excuses after the fight, and that resonates with people.

I'm all about Haye-Vitali, but I have doubts as to which Haye shows up.

Comment

I've no interest in seeing a wlad v haye rematch ... both guys were *****ing it over the other's power last time out, haye was afraid to come in and wlad was afraid to do anything other than stay back and control the fight from a distance. Unless haye totally changed his tactics and went hell for leather (which I doubt he would) I see the rematch being a carbon copy of the first.

Vitali v Haye on the other hand has the makings of a fantastic fight Vitali is gonna be going for nothing less than a KO and will force the fight, I also think the fact that he is getting old and slow means haye is gonna be bouncing shots off his iron chin all night ... if Vitali really wants to remembered a great heavyweight he needs a great win ... as it stands he has a great loss to Lewis but no great win.

If Vitali doesn't take the fight there is only one reason ... he's unsure if he'll win ... I mean wtf is he doing fighting Carr? .. the guy is a total bum ... if haye was fighting Carr people would be giving out ***** saying haye was taking an easy fight instead of maning up to fight vitali. When vitali does it its just like ... oh he's old and has been around long enough. IMO him taking this joke fight instead of fighting the only guy people want to see him up against says alot.

Basically Vitali can end his career with a duck and a whimper and forever be remembered as Wlad's brother who lost to lewis, lost to byrd and ducked Haye (probably the three best opponents of his generation) and just beat up a load of bums. Or he can end it with a bang Knock Haye out and prove he was the real deal.

Comment

I want Froch to attempt to silence Kelly. I'll buy a 50 dollar ppv of it.

Cause you know what? Sometimes the ball bounce funny..

War KP

lol maybe wrong thread? ya... i think so

no offense intended
                Last edited by lefthook2daliva; 07-21-2012, 06:11 AM. Reason: lol maybe wrong thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                  The 3rd best HW is a CW what a great reign for the Klitschkos.
                  Haye best win was against Chisora. Maybe it's too soon to say he is the third best HW. His big mouth give him more importance than he really have.

Comment

Originally posted by valero View Post
                    To call Wladimir's victory over Haye a "dominating" performance is really a stretch.

Wlad landed 26% of his total punches.
                    Haye landed 25% of his total punches.

Neither man looked troubled or hurt in the fight. Wlad outscored Haye, threw a lot more and obviously landed more overall, but failed to score a legitimate knockdown. Haye didn't look confident, and threw only half the punches he threw in other fights.

Both guys looked pretty bad, to be honest.

Chris Byrd, Samuel Peter, Tony Thompson were all granted rematches with Wladimir. Why not Haye?
                    Can't be compared because they were completely different situations. Simply because Byrd once again had a belt in the rematch and Thompson was a mandatory defense. And Peter was also a mandatory but only after the first mandatory Pusvetkin decided not to take the fight. And as far as the Wlad Haye fight goes. It might not have been pretty but Wlad dominated and no amount of denial on the part of Haye fans will change that fact. And Haye's fans just need to relax because after all you always have his toe to fall back on.
                    Last edited by Ravens Fan; 07-21-2012, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
                      I've no interest in seeing a wlad v haye rematch ... both guys were *****ing it over the other's power last time out, haye was afraid to come in and wlad was afraid to do anything other than stay back and control the fight from a distance. Unless haye totally changed his tactics and went hell for leather (which I doubt he would) I see the rematch being a carbon copy of the first.

Vitali v Haye on the other hand has the makings of a fantastic fight Vitali is gonna be going for nothing less than a KO and will force the fight, I also think the fact that he is getting old and slow means haye is gonna be bouncing shots off his iron chin all night ... if Vitali really wants to remembered a great heavyweight he needs a great win ... as it stands he has a great loss to Lewis but no great win.

If Vitali doesn't take the fight there is only one reason ... he's unsure if he'll win ... I mean wtf is he doing fighting Carr? .. the guy is a total bum ... if haye was fighting Carr people would be giving out ***** saying haye was taking an easy fight instead of maning up to fight vitali. When vitali does it its just like ... oh he's old and has been around long enough. IMO him taking this joke fight instead of fighting the only guy people want to see him up against says alot.

Basically Vitali can end his career with a duck and a whimper and forever be remembered as Wlad's brother who lost to lewis, lost to byrd and ducked Haye (probably the three best opponents of his generation) and just beat up a load of bums. Or he can end it with a bang Knock Haye out and prove he was the real deal.
                      good post i agree

Comment

Working...
                      X