Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Steward Praises Khan, Offers Some Advise To Rebuild

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khan was never my complaint, he's a good fighter. My complaint was his promotion. Khan himself was led to believe he could beat Floyd, and as much as said so. Maidana chased him and beat on him unmercifully. Peterson didn't count, but added to the damage. Breidis, lets say he made his mark. The promoters filled Khan's head with talks of mega fights with bigger guys when he wasn't getting past the little guys. He was built up outside the ring by the press releases and yes men. A harder analysis, a more truthful critique might have spurred his desire to improve, instead they just fattened his head.

Comment

Originally posted by danktrees View Post
      but was that the problem? Cuz he had been fighting back and took some better shots in the exchanges than that one and didn't really looked like he was gonna go down. He takes a few shot to he face/chin area then next thing I know a glancing blow off the very top of his head knocks him over. He wasn't too unsteady when he was fighting back. There were moments but the ones before that final punch showed no indication that a soft glancing blow would be the one that would end the fight.
      When boxers can be put down by a glancing blow to the top of the head that just means he is in not fit condition to carry on. Khan couldn't get his balance back, he took some heavy punches after that first KD and was knocked down once or twice more, he then ran out of steam, he had nothing left in the tank. The last KD he got up instantly, but he had nothing left too offer.

Comment

Advice, not advise.

Comment

Damn who does Garcia have to KNOCKOUT to look impressive to Steward? Im glad Max Kellerman put him in his place though "not knocking out the critic's, just knocking out fighters in the ring" and then Steward "never missing a beat" continued to label Garcia an unimpressive basic fighter. WTF???
          Last edited by UTEP; 07-20-2012, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by liraj View Post
            Damn who does Garcia have to KNOCKOUT to look impressive to Steward? Im glad Max Kellerman put him in his place though "not knocking out the critic's, just knocking out fighters in the ring" and then Steward "never missing a beat" continued to label Garcia an unimpressive basic fighter. WTF???
            He is very basic though, it gets the job done, so who's complaining

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
              He is very basic though, it gets the job done, so who's complaining
              Emanuel Steward!!! Him an Lamply need to focus on calling the fights punch for punch like real commentators, instead of just sitting back worshiping and criticizing every fighter.
              Last edited by UTEP; 07-20-2012, 01:30 PM.

Comment

I think Steward would be the right guy to work with Khan. Khan is no Freddie Roach fighter, he would be better with Steward.

Comment

I'm probably wrong, but I've noticed in the past couple of years at least, Steward has a habit of saying nice things about a boxer who has just been badly defeated. He maximises the quality of the fighter and minimises his flaws. It makes me feel as if he's sort-of advertising for fighters to train. As as far as I can recall a few have gone to him for short periods.

Just a feeling.

Comment

Steward is just looking for some work.

Comment

is steward seriously ****ing telling us that standing in the middle distance, throwing a left hook then a looping right uppercut leaving your weak ass chin out for a powerful left hooker to take your damn head off IS DOING NOTHING WRONG?
                      get the **** outta here.

Comment

Working...
                      X