Comments Thread For: Adrien Broner: Boxing’s ‘Can Man’ Basking In The Glow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Adrien Broner: Boxing’s ‘Can Man’ Basking In The Glow

By Jake Donovan

Someone as charismatic and confident as Adrien Broner can come across as arrogant, perhaps even unlikeable.

Broner should be anything but unlikeable. The 22-year old makes sure to stay active in the ring, is almost never in a dull fight and is thought enough of to keep bringing back on HBO. Saturday night will mark his fifth straight network appearance, facing Vicente Escobedo in his Cincinnati hometown.

It was in his hometown where his current title reign began. Broner was blessed with the opportunity to spend last Thanksgiving at home, all while preparing for his first HBO headliner two days later (after having twice appeared in co-feature capacity), in a fight for his first major title.

Broner made the most of the opportunity, dispatching of Vicente Rodriguez in three rounds. The crowd was sizeable and rabid, and the hometown kid made sure to take in the moment.

For better or for worse, more of the same can be expected in this weekend’s mandatory defense against Escobedo.

“It’s always fun fighting on Golden Boy cards. It’s always fun fighting in Cincinnati. I’m going to come in to the ring dancing, laughing and having fun,” Broner (23-0, 19KO) promises. “In the end, I will come out victorious. I’m sure Escobedo is training hard, he has to if he’s fighting a guy like me.” [Click Here To Read More]

The only thing "basking in the glow" is his disgusting behavior and blatant racism.

Comment

crushing cans since 2008

Comment

Put on a show then can man

Comment

he sure does look good against cans

Comment

can't take a racist boxer serious.....

Comment

You only can afford not to watch tapes against cans, can man.

Comment

Originally posted by spoonwars View Post
                You only can afford not to watch tapes against cans, can man.
                u believe he doesnt watch tape?? to me its clear he watches tape, every word he said in that interview was something floyd would say verbatim...lol. dudes a mayweather clone. im still not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing tho...

anyways this is gonna be a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  u believe he doesnt watch tape?? to me its clear he watches tape, every word he said in that interview was something floyd would say verbatim...lol. dudes a mayweather clone. im still not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing tho...

anyways this is gonna be a good fight.

Dude's a Mayweather clone for trash talk at least. Sure, he'd come out and say he looked at tape if he gets his nose busted or something. Guy needs to beat much better opposition if he wants to step out of the shadow.

Comment

Broner's not as good as he thinks but fighting in hometown Cicny helps , just in case but what really matters is is poopr opposition, as is Escobido, an average guy, record & talent..if Broner is so good, step up...

Comment

Working...
                    X