Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan Hopes To Finalize Garcia Rematch For December

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well you have to give him credit, i mean he's got balls at least, many people wouldnt want to touch a rematch after that.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
      When was the last time you saw Khan fight a bum? He fights solid opposition after solid opposition.

Idk what's more ******ed, Khan's punches from the hip (which Emanuel Steward saw nothing wrong with somehow) or Garcia's bum ass no look wild ass swinging.

Say what you want about Khan but the dude tests himself fight after fight and has the heart of a lion, no doubt about it.
      In this case he should take a tune up. Heart doesn't win you fights. LOL Perfect example is Khan's last fight. He needs to rematch Prescott and then fight another top Light Welterweight before stepping back in with Danny. He's being stupid again by thinking Danny landed a "lucky" shot and that whatever happened in the first fight was a fluke. He needs a new trainer. And he needs a couple fights to get familiar with his new trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by 915angel View Post
        khan either see's something we dont or he just wants to retire early with his beautiful fiance

this is a nice little scenario for khan let him rematch prescott then brook in the UK before a garcia fight
        What Khan sees is that all he did the entire fight was go looking for the KO. That will be his excuse for being KOd. To make this a viable rematch, he will say he has learnt more from this fight than any other fight in his life blah blah blah and he will go back to basics and box and be patient etc etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by EdMon917 View Post
          In this case he should take a tune up. Heart doesn't win you fights. LOL Perfect example is Khan's last fight. He needs to rematch Prescott and then fight another top Light Welterweight before stepping back in with Danny. He's being stupid again by thinking Danny landed a "lucky" shot and that whatever happened in the first fight was a fluke. He needs a new trainer. And he needs a couple fights to get familiar with his new trainer.
          The problem with Khan is, the dude fights with a chip on his shoulder. Every time he fights I feel like he's trying to prove that his chin is not a problem, which it is, by trying to bang it out with dudes. That's not his style, his style is to box from the outside and use his speed. Also trying to make **** exciting and to prove that he has cojones. We already know he has them so there's nothing to prove. IMO Garcia is VERY beatable, a dedicated Morales (not all out of shape) and a smart Khan who actually listens when they tell him to box could easily beat Garcia.

Comment

When was the last time you saw Khan fight a bum? He fights solid opposition after solid opposition.
            Most guys would take a bum fight after getting beat convincingly, but Khan isn't like that, it's a redeeming quality of his. However, getting acclimated to a new trainer takes a couple of fights. I don't think he should change trainers and then jump back in the ring with Garcia. This is assuming he plans on replacing Roach of course. Regardless though, I'd rather Garcia didn't give him a rematch, give someone else a chance. Khan did the same thing with Peterson. Garcia should explore other options. Let Khan fight his way back up the ladder.
            Last edited by kiaba360; 07-19-2012, 09:11 PM.

Comment

The problem with Khan is, the dude fights with a chip on his shoulder. Every time he fights I feel like he's trying to prove that his chin is not a problem, which it is, by trying to bang it out with dudes. That's not his style, his style is to box from the outside and use his speed. Also trying to make **** exciting and to prove that he has cojones. We already know he has them so there's nothing to prove. IMO Garcia is VERY beatable, a dedicated Morales (not all out of shape) and a smart Khan who actually listens when they tell him to box could easily beat Garcia.
              If he fights like that every time than how is that not his style? I know what you meant but I just didn't understand how you would write those two sentences back to back. Anyways Khan needs a new trainer. I think you would agree with me right? He needs a new one badly to teach him how to be calm and box when he needs to. When he does choose a new trainer he will need to fight someone else besides Danny Garcia. I suggested Prescott since he lost to him in a worse manner before. But I think him trying to get in there with Danny is all wrong for him. 1 or 2 things I see happening - 1. Khan goes in there blazing again (cause that's how he starts off) trying to prove that TKO was a fluke and ends up getting starched again. 2. He tries boxing against Danny. Danny realizes it and literally goes all out knowing Khan won't come out of his shell. He ends up breaking Khan down and possibly stopping him again. I honestly don't think Khan should be looking for a rematch right now.

Comment

The Garcia win was not a fluke . If Khan fights him again he will get KOd again.Khan may have a better game plan but he is incapable of thinking on his feet and garcia will adapt in the fight beat up Khan's body and then look for the KO. Garcia has Khan's number.

Comment

Garcia need$ this rematch as much as Khan does lol

Comment

Originally posted by EdMon917 View Post
                    If he fights like that every time than how is that not his style? I know what you meant but I just didn't understand how you would write those two sentences back to back. Anyways Khan needs a new trainer. I think you would agree with me right? He needs a new one badly to teach him how to be calm and box when he needs to. When he does choose a new trainer he will need to fight someone else besides Danny Garcia. I suggested Prescott since he lost to him in a worse manner before. But I think him trying to get in there with Danny is all wrong for him. 1 or 2 things I see happening - 1. Khan goes in there blazing again (cause that's how he starts off) trying to prove that TKO was a fluke and ends up getting starched again. 2. He tries boxing against Danny. Danny realizes it and literally goes all out knowing Khan won't come out of his shell. He ends up breaking Khan down and possibly stopping him again. I honestly don't think Khan should be looking for a rematch right now.
                    My bad, I think I worded that wrong . I was trying to say something more like, he SHOULDN'T fight like that. Not as chinny as he is...

As for the new trainer, I can agree with you. But something tells me he won't be looking for one. Just read somewhere he's gonna be using Nazim Richardson as an ASSISTANT? Idk sometimes loyalty can get you fked and this might be one of those cases, Khan trying to stay with Roach. Also, Ruben Tabares WAS telling Khan to calm down and box (if you watched the Behind the Ropes) but Khan doesn't like it "it's boring." One reason I don't like Roach is cause when his fighters get to his corner he doesn't say much, I guess it might be cause of his Parkinsons. Forgot which round it was Khan got to the corner and Roach goes "Ok breathe, ok, deep breaths, mouth piece. Ok good..." Then he starts giving instructions but camera was switched to Garcia's corner.

And as far as the rematch, Morales is looking for a rematch with Garcia too cause there was a clause in the contract for their first fight. If Morales beats him then what? Go for Morales? I think Morales MIGHT be an easier fight considering his age and Khan's speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Thor-Odinson View Post
                      well you have to give him credit, i mean he's got balls at least, many people wouldnt want to touch a rematch after that.
                      Prescott still has Amir's balls. What you're talking about is synthetic.

Comment

Working...
                      X