Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Klitschkos Have A Chance Against Haye If They Didn't Have Size Advantage?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fix View Post
    Most of the posts on this site are speculation. Of course, it's all about opinions, if I didn't want to hear other opinions, I wouldn't have made the thread.

But I can't see Wladimir having any chance of beating Lewis in my opinion. And Vitali already fought him and lost so we don't even need to speculate on that one. But, Vitali did put up a good fight against Lewis, he just wasn't good enough to go the distance with him.
    That's fine and yep we do come here to hear each others opinions. Lewis beat Vitali but it's still controversial to many, Vitali could have won that Fight and a rematch was going to happen but Lewis retired.

About Wladimir and Lewis People should talk about the Wladimir from the last few years to now he's in his prime, it would be a close Fight but I could see Wladimir winning

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      Do you think the current version of Wladimir gets stopped quicker than Vitali?
      I think the current version of Wladimir would get stopped in about 4 rounds, especially by a prime Lewis who was in shape. I just can't see Wladimir being competitive because as soon as Lewis starts catching him with jabs, hooks and uppercuts (which he'll be able to do because he had the size, speed and reach to do it) Wladimir would start taking a lot of punishment and he'd get stopped pretty quickly.

It just wouldn't be a competitive fight in my opinion. Maybe for the first round they'd be trading jabs but Lewis would take over from the 2nd round and Wladimir won't know what to do. Whenever Wladimir throws the right hand he'll be open to Lewis hooks or uppercuts. He never faced anyone close to Lewis' skill level and size, but then again who has..

Comment

Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
        That's fine and yep we do come here to hear each others opinions. Lewis beat Vitali but it's still controversial to many, Vitali could have won that Fight and a rematch was going to happen but Lewis retired.

About Wladimir and Lewis People should talk about the Wladimir from the last few years to now he's in his prime, it would be a close Fight but I could see Wladimir winning
        Vitali did very well against Lewis, he was ahead on the judges scorecards. But Lewis caused enough damage because of his skills and ability to land the right shots, that the fight had to be stopped. I think the same thing would happen if they had fought again. But Lewis really was the heaviest weight in his whole career, he didn't train properly for the fight and I think that's why Vitali did well while it lasted. I think if Vitali had fought an in-shape Lewis the fight would have been stopped quicker.

Comment

Vitali did very well against Lewis, he was ahead on the judges scorecards. But Lewis caused enough damage because of his skills and ability to land the right shots, that the fight had to be stopped. I think the same thing would happen if they had fought again. But Lewis really was the heaviest weight in his whole career, he didn't train properly for the fight and I think that's why Vitali did well while it lasted. I think if Vitali had fought an in-shape Lewis the fight would have been stopped quicker.
          Tell me again how you learn to inflict cuts in training camp.
          Oh yeah, I remember...rub the laced side of your glove against your opponent's skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
            Tell me again how you learn to inflict cuts in training camp.
            Oh yeah, I remember...rub the laced side of your glove against your opponent's skin.
            Vitali himself is a brilliant heavyweight, and I recognize that. Perhaps its time you guys think about giving Lewis credit for beating him with those amazing shots he landed and stop making excuses for the loss. If you need to see the shots again the video is on YouTube.

Comment

I think Lewis found a way to win thanks to his experience. Vitali was quite inexperienced in 2003 especially in title fight. Lewis against the 2008 Vitali would have been fabulous !

Comment

Vitali himself is a brilliant heavyweight, and I recognize that. Perhaps its time you guys think about giving Lewis credit for beating him with those amazing shots he landed and stop making excuses for the loss. If you need to see the shots again the video is on YouTube.
                I just find the statement "Lewis cut Vitali in one fight so all other fights would have exactly the same outcome" of yours pretty ridiculous. Talking of amazing shots, Vitali actually hit Lewis with more shots but couldn't cut him. I definitely would have loved to see a rematch, in fact the whole boxing world would have loved to.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                  Wlad slow? Are you kidding me?

Vitali is nothing special, but Wlad is very quick, especially for a man his size.
                  Fast and Wlad don't belong in the same sentence. That being said, Haye would still get murked or run like **** like he did when they actually fought. It's amazing how fast Haye runs when he hurts his wittle toe.

Poet

Comment

They wouldn't fight the same way. I think Haye beats any Heavyweight right now of a similar size. I actually think he beats everyone but the Klitschkos.

If Wlad did fight the same way he would probably get stopped, his jab won't be as effective being smaller and his chin is already glassy (though it better now). He can't afford to be as cautious as he currently is.

Vitali I'm not sure, but we have seen Haye crack chins before.

Comment

So if the Klitschkos were the same size as Haye, even if they still weighed the same but they didn't have that size and reach advantage, do you think they'd have any chance of beating Haye or would they be dominated by Haye in a fight?

Personally I think a prime Vitali, even if he was the same size as Haye, would still have a chance of competing against him because even if he got caught with some good shots with his chin he could still be a threat. But prime Wladimir I think would get KO'd early by Haye.

What do you think.. If Haye and the Klitschkos were the same height do the Klitschkos stand a chance?
                      I dont like these type threads as God built us all different, different size, differnent abilities, different strenghths and weakness so we do the best with what we got.
                      How would haye do if he was born bigger, and what if he was smaller? If SRR was hayes size then what?

Comment

Working...
                      X