No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Expects 400-500K Buys For Chavez-Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum Expects 400-500K Buys For Chavez-Martinez

NEW YORK — Promoters of the competing event Sept. 15 in Las Vegas have touted their card as “free-per-view,” a shot at the possible pricetag of $65 fight fans will have to pay to watch the Sergio Martinez-Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. showdown in HD that night.

Promoter Bob Arum nevertheless believes there still will be plenty of customers who’ll buy HBO Pay-Per-View’s four-fight show headlined by the long-awaited middleweight battle between Argentina’s Martinez (49-2-2, 28 KOs) and Mexico’s Chavez (46-0-1, 32 KOs), the WBC’s 160-pound champion. [Click Here To Read More]

What the hell is a free-per-view? How is it free if you have to pay $65?

Comment

Originally posted by kenso View Post
      read it again. They're talking about Canelo vs Lopez being free.

Comment

Originally posted by kenso View Post
        GBP are trying to hype of the Canelo fight by saying it's a fight that's worthy to be a PPV, but they're showing it for free.... how kind of them.

Comment

I will definitely get the Chavez vs Sergio PPV which promises to be an all out war. Golden Boy can go and suck an egg with that chasm of a fight night they put together.

Comment

It ain't doing that much when canelo is fighting for free

Comment

I could see that based on who Canelo is fighting. This fight has been marinating for a long time. WAR MARAVILLA!

Comment

I think 400k is a realistic number

Comment

Americans get shafted with PPVs, $65 is pretty extortionate.

Comment

I think Arum's about right on this one. 500,000 sounds about right.

I think any real boxing fan will support Chavez vs Martinez and totally ignore Canelo's fraud of a match.

promoters just want to make money and if they can't make money off of good fights they'll start shoving crap like Alvarez vs Lopez down and throats.

Comment

Working...
                    X