• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floydie has been ducking for 14 years.

Comment

Money is one of the all time greats.

Comment

Floydie has been running since the day the wapacman was spanked upside down.

Comment

Originally posted by Primera View Post
          I got respect for what Floyd has done for the sport but the guy is a little diva bitch. His hardcore fans are just as bad, defending his every move. FYI he did duck prime Cotto and Margarito. It's a good thing he did, otherwise he'd have a loss or two. Now we're just waiting on him to give Pacquiao a fair shake. 60/40 or something along the lines is much more reasonable than what he's offering.
          Well Arum and Cotto disagree

Comment

Originally posted by kill the body View Post
            When someone is this consistent it seems people start to stop appreciating him
            Nice to see a thread were a fighter is been given his due,the first time I heard/saw floyd was the coralles fight,I've been a huge fan since finally gettin to see him live against cotto

Comment

thats why i dont get it when ppl question floyds career. hes had a great one. sure he might have taken breaks, but as soon as he came back, he was back fighting the best opponents available to him.

is easy to say his career could have been better, and that maybe true, but in saying that, his underachievements are better than most fighters' overachievements.

Comment

Why do you say 10 years?? go throught the years and he only missed 2008 and 2009 and Oscar,Mosley and Possibly Cotto could be ATG'S
                I agree with a lot you have said except this.. They are all HOF but not ATGs IMO.. Oscar lost his biggest fights, Mosley was a great lightweight but as a welter and above he didn't do enough to be an ATG. And same for Cotto.. he lost his 3 biggest fights.. But don't get me wrong Floyd is great!

Comment

Originally posted by RockyB View Post
                  I agree with a lot you have said except this.. They are all HOF but not ATGs IMO.. Oscar lost his biggest fights, Mosley was a great lightweight but as a welter and above he didn't do enough to be an ATG. And same for Cotto.. he lost his 3 biggest fights.. But don't get me wrong Floyd is great!
                  Mosley did nothing at lightweight. And I think Oscar makes the ATG cut. He didn't lose his biggest fights. He split them and lost close or unfairly except for Hopkins.

Comment

If he had never retired he would have been a world champion for 14 years this coming October 2012. But he did retire in December 2007 and was not a world champ again until he beat Mosley in May 2010. That's 2 years and 5 months that he was not a champion. Great as Mayweather is, he doesn't get credit for things he did not do.A few others have been on top just about as long. Joe Louis was champion for 12 years and Hopkins was middleweight champion for 10 years. Roy Jones and Joe Calzaghe, Whitaker and some others were at the championship level for many years.

Comment

Has anyone ever been on top that long?

he hasn't been a legit world champ since 07
                      he's consistently held title belts though
                      no knocking his resume until 08, before that, Floyd was beastly
                      and lesser level of course, but hasn't John been a titlist 9 yrs or so?

Comment

Working...
                      X