No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Merchant: Khan Fought Out of Control, Paid The Price

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    I knew you wouldn't. But floyd/garcia on HBO, not ppv, seems like a perfect out of jail fight, given what Danny just did. Unless of course the rumors that floyd is going to showtime for 1 fight are true, then it would make sense for showtime to do it as a ppv, which wouldn't be right.
    I don't think Floyd would ever fight on non ppv again. However if you were serious about Floyd dropping down to 140, I'd be ok with that.

Like I said there is only 1 ppv fight that i would actually pay for..............

Comment

Mercant's thougts are meaningless, as is Ledermans, they can b bought cheap which is HBO keeps them...forget Khan & concentrate on the champ & his future, quite bright @ this time...

Comment

He's overated

Khan sux! Hes the same wild sloopy boxer! All dat speed for nothing!

Comment

Out of control? That's funny, the crew was praising every little thing he did... even when he got knocked down

Comment

Khan went for the TKO instead of boxing intelligently

Garcias corner was in pure shock for 2 rounds, in their own words "he'****king you apart"

Khan got way to confident and stopped throwing his jab and started going for uppercuts, which opened him up for the hook.

Had Khan just followed what Roach said he'd have won on points

Comment

Well, we can all certainly agree that Khan delivered in his fight against Garcia. He predicted a KO and we all saw a wonderful KO. Is just that Khan missed the prediction of who was going to end up in the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by ecko16 View Post
                Khan sux! Hes the same wild sloopy boxer! All dat speed for nothing!
                I don't think "sloppy" or "sux" apllies here. He was pin-point precise when he was sticking to the game-plan. He just doesn't fight smart, and thinks his power is more than it actually is. Kahn showed alot of heart, and I hope he gets with a trainer who doesn't train him exactly like Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                  It is true, he got hit with some counters in the first couple of rounds, and a couple whizzed by his head but he didn't learn. Great fighters learn. His jab was extremely fast and accurate but he rarely used it, Garcia told him what he was going to do, and what would happen, but still he he came out fists flying and didn't heed the warnings.

He is just a dumb fighter, all heart, no brains. As a trainer giving a fighter instructions and a game plan before the fight is one thing, but he must be able to make adjustments himself, especially at this level. Khan just fights harder as he doesn't know how to make adjustments mid fight.
                  Khan nor Roach know how to make adjustments (the great ones do) - they deserve each other.

I've said time & time on here that he is a professional amateur. Throwing punches with your chin up will have you listening to chin music on your way to sleep.....

BTW, did anyone notice him pushing Garcia's head down like he did Peterson? Hmm....

Comment

Fought out of Control, in other words exactly how Merchant thinks boxing should be.

Comment

Originally posted by DE100 View Post
                      Fought out of Control, in other words exactly how Merchant thinks boxing should be.
                      golden!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X