Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Anybody Giving Dawson A Chance Against Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They both have great talent. The difference is that Dawson has a loser's mentality. He's capable of sleep walking through a fight, losing a close decision, then saying "I thought I won the fight". My advice - don't bet on these types of fighters.

Meanwhile, Ward is the "refuse to lose" type.

That's the major difference IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by APryor View Post
      They both have great talent. The difference is that Dawson has a loser's mentality. He's capable of sleep walking through a fight, losing a close decision, then saying "I thought I won the fight". My advice - don't bet on these types of fighters.

The best post in this thread. Green K'd.

Comment

^^^^^

I approve this post.

I also want to say that Ward is waaayy more intelligent than Dawson in a ring. Dawson is a good fighter but I cant see Ward loosing that

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          Lol are you serious? Johnson, Tarver, Hopkins, and Adamek werent impressive enough for you?
          Johnson, tarver and Hopkins were old and out of their primes. He didn't look impressive and dominant vs those guys. Adamek was a good win that was 5 years ago, wasn't mayweather sr his trainer at that time?

Also Dawson had trouble with jean pascal.....pascal is no andre ward

Comment

Originally posted by Jcsuper View Post
            ^^^^^

I approve this post.

I also want to say that Ward is waaayy more intelligent than Dawson in a ring. Dawson is a good fighter but I cant see Ward loosing that
            I hope Dawson works on his inside game.

Comment

Good points throughout this thread--making me excited about this fight--but this may be the difference. Nice post.

Comment

Originally posted by LEATHERF8CE View Post
                IMO This is a winnable fight for Dawson. Keeping Ward on the outside will lead Dawson to well controlled fight. Ward is going to have to get inside in order to do work, I can't see him winning an outside battle against Dawson. Dawson very well defensive minded fighter did a great job against Hopkins, not allowing him to come inside and do what Hopkins does best. Ward has always had his ways against his opponents, but what separates Dawson from them is his defense, IMO Dawson defense will trouble Ward. I'm really surprised at the betting line for this fight. +245 for Dawson. I'm hoping it will hit 300 by fight time... thoughts anyone??
                Yes, he's taller, longer arms, and faster....when he leans in, he can be hit...but if he leans back, and throws that check hook, he can win doing that all night...thats what he did to hoppa poppa

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                  Yes, he's taller, longer arms, and faster....when he leans in, he can be hit...but if he leans back, and throws that check hook, he can win doing that all night...thats what he did to hoppa poppa
                  Hopkins is almost 50 years old and Dawson had problems with jean pascal. Dawson is in for a rough fight

Comment

When Dawson was gonna fight Pascal, I had a weird feeling about that match. I refused to pick a winner because I knew how much of a tough and crazy fighter Pascal is. While every one was sure of a Dawson win, I was nervous about that fight. I was using words like "hoping" Dawson wins, "Pascal will come to fight", "Pascal is a dangerous opponent", etc. I just wasn't sure about the fight. But for this fight, Dawson vs Ward, i'm pretty sure Dawson will do good, good enough? I don't know, but I don't see Ward dominating, and I can actually see Dawson winning a close decision. It's crazy cause Ward is a much better fighter than Pascal, but it's Ward's style that makes me comfortable of Dawson winning this fight.

Comment

Absolutely. Dawson is not an easy fighter to beat for anyone. Ward should be favored, but Dawson can definitely win IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X