Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Anybody Giving Dawson A Chance Against Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dawson is a very skillful guy and fast. If he uses the jab, and believes in himself mentally, he can beat Ward. Dawson is also pretty damn big so I hope he can make 168.

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
      Dawson has never had an impressive win over a top opponent and I question if he can really deal with Wards style. I see ward all over him the entire fight. Dawsons pace is pretty slow and economical ward will make him very uncomfortable. Ward has beat a top young fighter in quite a while and ward has been beating up guys convincingly. I like both fighters a lot and I believe this is going to be a very great fight but Ward IMO is the better fighter who can do more in the ring.
      Adamek, Johnson, Tarver were all at the very top of 175 when Dawson beat them in dominating fashion, he beat Johnson in a very exciting fight, then beat him again and dominated him. Hopkins is a great win obviously, but Dawson didn't look too impressive in that one. Still he beat Hopkins clearly, something that hasn't been done since 1993.

Dawson's wins over Adamek, Johnson, Tarver, Diaconu, Hopkins are actually better than Ward's wins over Kessler, Froch, Abraham, Bika, Green if we're talking about as a whole. Some might disagree, but that would only be because they forgot who Adamek, Johnson and Tarver were at 175 in those years. They were the top dogs in 2007-2008, Dawson was the young guy who had to prove himself against the best, coming up in the ranks. The rematches was just a rematch clause with Tarver, and the rematch with Johnson was a fight that fans were urging Dawson to make because of how exciting the first one was.

Comment

if he's healthy on fight night , i favor him to win..

Comment

The odds makers are good at their job but I disagree with them on this fight. I like Dawson to win. I hope he insisted on a neutral referee and judges. He should keep the fight at long range as much as he can and lock Ward up tight in a clinch if they come together. Ward is very rough up close. He holds and hits and gets away with it in Oakland.

Comment

2012 ... year of the upsets

Comment

Twice...........

AND he beat 3 out of the 4 you named, TWICE! His defense and reflexes are being under-estimated here. Ward will be hit and tested like never before.

Comment

Well, there really aren't sure things in boxing when talking world class talents fighting each other.

Of course Dawson has a chance, you don't have to like that chance but you do have to acknowledge it~

Comment

If Chad Dawson beats Andre Ward, it's not an upset.

Comment

Dawson is one of the hardest opponents for Ward, but Ward likely wins

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      Adamek, Johnson, Tarver were all at the very top of 175 when Dawson beat them in dominating fashion, he beat Johnson in a very exciting fight, then beat him again and dominated him. Hopkins is a great win obviously, but Dawson didn't look too impressive in that one. Still he beat Hopkins clearly, something that hasn't been done since 1993.

Dawson's wins over Adamek, Johnson, Tarver, Diaconu, Hopkins are actually better than Ward's wins over Kessler, Froch, Abraham, Bika, Green if we're talking about as a whole. Some might disagree, but that would only be because they forgot who Adamek, Johnson and Tarver were at 175 in those years. They were the top dogs in 2007-2008, Dawson was the young guy who had to prove himself against the best, coming up in the ranks. The rematches was just a rematch clause with Tarver, and the rematch with Johnson was a fight that fans were urging Dawson to make because of how exciting the first one was.
                      The reason why the fight was so close against Hopkins is because of Dawson's refusal to use his left hand a lot more. Hopkins was walking to Dawson's left the whole fight (Dawson still won the fight just because he's that good).

I think Scully made Dawson too right hand dependent. Previous trainers of Dawson such as Mayweather Sr, Muhammad, and Stewart made Dawson use his left hand a lot more. It was so obvious and I'm pretty sure Scully is working on Dawson's left hand.
                      Last edited by Boxingwizard; 07-17-2012, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X