Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should Khans new trainer be

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adam Booth is the perfect match for Khan. Khan wants to be #1, and with Haye fighting infrequently and possibly retiring, I can see Khan getting that. He certainly would be the priority over George Groves.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
      Haha that is a great line. ''Hopkins is great at what Khan is garbage at'' Spot on.

Also highly disagree with you when you say you think Khan will go back home to fight Eurobums. Come on man, this is Amir Khan were talking about. He's always wanted to fight the best. Are you being serious? He'll always want to fight the best out there and he'll probably get KO'd a few more times along the way but that's just the type of warrior he is.

The reason I say that is not Khan as such but he has a bunch of Khlingons and extended family around him that don't want to go back to cab driving and want to keep the gravy train going. He has run out of places to go,he is not good enough to fight the top guys like Bradley etc and will get filled in again. But because of his appeal he could still command good money fighting soft touches and keep his hangers on in the bloated lifestyle they have come accustomed to.
      Right now his Khlingons are bricking it. They don't want the gravy train to end and must have worked out he can't cut it at the top level. Khan did say he was thinking of moving back to the UK and that is why I think he may change his policy of stepping up to fight better opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Hunt View Post
        The reason I say that is not Khan as such but he has a bunch of Khlingons and extended family around him that don't want to go back to cab driving and want to keep the gravy train going. He has run out of places to go,he is not good enough to fight the top guys like Bradley etc and will get filled in again. But because of his appeal he could still command good money fighting soft touches and keep his hangers on in the bloated lifestyle they have come accustomed to.
        Right now his Khlingons are bricking it. They don't want the gravy train to end and must have worked out he can't cut it at the top level. Khan did say he was thinking of moving back to the UK and that is why I think he may change his policy of stepping up to fight better opposition.
        Funny you mention Bradley.

I still think Khan beats Bradley.

Timmy doesn't have the power to KO Khan IMO.

With a Banger theres always gonna be a change Khan gets KO'd, especially if he carries on fighting like he does, however with someone like Bradley he could use his skills better IMO. Would still love to see that fight.

However to your post, nah. Whilst i agree his team of arse kissers and hang on's are laughable and only detrimental to Khan, Khan himself has too much about him to fight bums. He'll have to work his way back up but if he does, he'll be back fighting the best, no doubt whatsover about that.

P.S - Dont worry about Khan's gravy train. He's already made enough money to keep his family comfortable, he can retire tomorrow money wise. He himself aint in it for the money though, come on, his team obviously will want him be so but he aint. Im sure of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
          Funny you mention Bradley.

I still think Khan beats Bradley.

Timmy doesn't have the power to KO Khan IMO.

With a Banger theres always gonna be a change Khan gets KO'd, especially if he carries on fighting like he does, however with someone like Bradley he could use his skills better IMO. Would still love to see that fight.

However to your post, nah. Whilst i agree his team of arse kissers and hang on's are laughable and only detrimental to Khan, Khan himself has too much about him to fight bums. He'll have to work his way back up but if he does, he'll be back fighting the best, no doubt whatsover about that.

P.S - Dont worry about Khan's gravy train. He's already made enough money to keep his family comfortable, he can retire tomorrow money wise. He himself aint in it for the money though, come on, his team obviously will want him be so but he aint. Im sure of that.
          Roy Jones Jnr, I am with you that Khan is in it in in for the money but his family is. I have a hunch that far more of his money ends up with his family than with him personally. The way they low ball fighters,break into hotel rooms to pinch contracts etc shows me they love a £ note. It was the mention of the move back to the UK that makes me think there is a strong influence from his family. He has lost his last 2 fights if he carries on losing the golden goose stops laying eggs and it is back to Bolton for the Klingons and back to the real world.

Comment

Roy Jones Jnr, I am with you that Khan is in it in in for the money but his family is. I have a hunch that far more of his money ends up with his family than with him personally. The way they low ball fighters,break into hotel rooms to pinch contracts etc shows me they love a £ note. It was the mention of the move back to the UK that makes me think there is a strong influence from his family. He has lost his last 2 fights if he carries on losing the golden goose stops laying eggs and it is back to Bolton for the Klingons and back to the real world.
            The Golden Goose has layed enough eggs though for his family to be comfortable, like i said. Khan has made a huge amount of money.

It's good for Khan that most of his money is ending up with his family. His family are investing it and doing the right things with it. If only more fighters had such a close family unit they could rely on to look after their money.

Rather his family invests it and does the right things with it for him than Khan doing a Tyson or someone else which we see so commonly in Boxing and ending up broke, right?

Trust me, Khan will always look for the best out there. He just aint a cherry picker. If he was he would have done that before getting beat 3 times, not after.

Comment

Roy Jones Jnr, I hope you are right but I am telling you IMO he is not going to get better and at top level he is going to come up short. I don't even consider Garcia at top level. Angel Garcia has the measure of Khan. Take out the silly Pakistanian and flying carpet comments and everything he said about Khan is true.

Comment

Roy Jones Jnr, I hope you are right but I am telling you IMO he is not going to get better and at top level he is going to come up short. I don't even consider Garcia at top level. Angel Garcia has the measure of Khan. Take out the silly Pakistanian and flying carpet comments and everything he said about Khan is true.
                Fair enough pal.

Who knows whats to happen in the future.

We'll see what Khan changes from here on, he needs to make big changes thats for sure. Im not writing him off though.

Comment

Originally posted by GAME2010 View Post
                  I like Adam Booth.
                  he probably likes you too, he seems that way inclined.

Comment

I voted he should stay with Roach. Roach did bring him this far. I'm not sure Roach is the problem. A trainer can only do so much. His big problem is he can't recover from a hard punch and no trainer can change that. He has one of the worst chins I've seen on a high level boxer. Not only does he get hurt by punches that don't seem to be that hard, he can't recover even with a minute between rounds. If he went with a new trainer I would pick Steward. He has trained several tall hard punching champions with average chins and done well with them. None of Steward's fighters had a chin as easily cracked as Khan's chin in my opinion. Angel Garcia might be right. If Khan can make the weight ok maybe he should move back to lightweight because they don't hit quite as hard. Khan might beat someone real good in his next fight because he stayed out of trouble. Then lose to a guy not near as good because he got tagged.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                      The glass jawed hype job should just retire.
                      ***Glass necked

that's the new craze
                      everybody's singing it

i think a change of trainers will be a good means of breaking his patterns and moving forward

i don't think there's anybody out there who will make profound changes in khan's style at this stage. it's just not happening

when you saw him too proud to hold and standing there you could tell he couldnt be defensive if he tried. if it's not there at 25 under one of the planet's best trainers he's not learning it now

Comment

Working...
                      X