Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Danny the king of 140 now??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lamont Peterson is still the top guy. That's why his record has a W over Khan before Garcia's. Until that fight result gets changed or Peterson gets suspended for a significant period, he's still the top guy. Garcia is close though.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      How is Danny Garcia the Lineal Champion at 140?
      I also have no clue what that guy is talking about.

Comment

He's number 1, but the division is a lot weaker than it was a year ago. I'd like to see him face Maidana. Too slow fighters with a similar style who can bang. I have no time for Garcia and think it's only a matter of time before his limitations get exposed. He'll always have a punchers chance but gets taken to school by someone like Marquez. Also those damn sunglasses he always wears are ridiculous.

Comment

Dont even know anymore lol, He should be there or thereabout, Definitely not that druggie Cheaterson.

Comment

Originally posted by Cazadores View Post
            Not at all. Who has he beat? A washed up Morales and A chinny Khan coming off a loss?

I think Judah, Mathhyse, Maidana, and Peterson all beat him. Rios too. And Marquez.

Ill add more as they come to mind.
            that might be one of the funniest things I have read on here in months. The other guys would certainly make a for a good fight, but tomato can Rios, are you shitting me?!?! He is the worst fighter in boxing right now, by a mile!

Comment

He's #1 at the minute after the big win at the weekend, but i wouldn't necessary say he's the best in the division . I think that could well be Mattysee.

He looked great on Saturday though and he's now the man to beat. JMM and Matthysse are the top 2 for me (not counting Khan at the minute as not sure what his next steps are).
              Garcia against Peterson/Judah are good fights i think also.

Comment

Originally posted by sammiza567 View Post
                he is the champ but not the best. imo jmm, peterson, and lucas all beat him. but im a big fan lets hope he brings some more great fights.
                i hate when ppl say such n such beats em.... before this fight they were saying khan beats em.. but u see what happened...

u just never know in boxing

Comment

The guy is the man to beat, period.

Comment

they were "ranked" at one and two respectively under a vacant lineage/championship for ring magazine's belt at 140.

that makes the winner of their fight the champion of the division and begins a lineage for the title.

much of their lofty ranking had to do with tim bradley moving up, and peterson being removed from the rankings because he's a drug user.

it's a sh#t division and garcia is it's legitimate champion.

i would like to see him fight mathysse. it's quite clear that they are the two best fighters campaigning at 140.

Comment

The lineage was broken when Manny left after beating Hatton,the #1 and #2 just fought establishing a new lineage.Like it or not Garcia is the new linear champion.

Comment

Working...
                      X