Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch on Khan's Loss: I Would Retire If It Was Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't like what Froch said. He's not in the game to get beaten, outclassed or knocked out. But he got outclassed by Andre Ward bad and he's not even competing to be the best in his division at this point, he's competing to be the best guy at 168 not named Andre Ward. Amir is far from done. Can't be too mad at Froch though. A warrior in the ring and the Bute KO was great. Hope they both keep fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
      Lol revenge is a dish best served cold, I bet Froch remembers Khan saying he should retire and put up posters for him when he lost to Kessler.
      Froch isn't saying this as revenge though, he's saying so that he's the only British fighter left out there with a name so the focus will be on him.

He was pi$$ed of Haye came back, he was pi$$ed off at the Hatton comeback rumour, he criticised Chisora and he's always been envious of the attention Khan gets, yet he'd have Calzaghe come out of retirement in a heartbeat.

His comments are wholly self-serving, and I say that as a Froch fan.

Comment

Guess Froch didn't like that Khan picked Joe over him.......

Comment

froch knows khan isnt responding to punches well and if he's going to be a major player in boxing, the guys he's going to have to fight are going to have the type of punch to cause khan some serious brain damage.

on the top level, although khan might have the " boxing skill " he doesn't have the beard to handle the fire power that lies ahead of him, either at 140 or 147, seriously, could you see khan moving up in weight to welter, then fighting a guy that has dropped down from 154 maybe even 160, land the same kind of shots on khan that Garcia landed on him....... they'd have to put his brains in a jar after the fight.

bottom line, I think he should cherry pick a fight, get a win, and ride off into the sunset with all the money he's made.

there is a lot he can do within boxing, make a good living, and not get brain damage from getting punched and or knocked out.

because it's not going to get easier, the punches aren't going to get lighter, moving up againt bigger and better opposition, and I'm not talking down about Garcia, I'm talking about fighting the top fighters and moving up in weight, it's a bad recipe for khan in that regard.

Comment

Froch is a ****** for those comments. Amir is still young and can come back from this. He got cought and payed the price but this shouldn't put him into retirement. IMO Khan beat Peterson, so its not like Khan keeps getting his azz whiped everytime he steps in the ring. Khan will bounce back from this, he just needs a new team. Freddy and his crew are to busy with Manny and Chavez Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
              Khan needs to change something. That or retire. His health will be in question if he gets sparked again.
              And that "something" is Freddie Roach. He's ruining the careers of Khan and Linares. They truly need to consider changing couches. Pedro Diaz maybe?

Comment

The Racket Squad: Keep Your Chin Up Amir

There are two ways to explore this matter.
                Amir was known to have whisker issues from the beginning of his pro career.
                Last night demonstrated how one cannot fix such an intrinsic dilemma.
                All a fighter with a bad beard can do is attempt to box in a credible manner that does not appear to look like like running.

But Khan's heart is profound.
                He was winning the match and even fough back gallantly with no legs and fewer senses.
                When Gatti got bounced around there were few who really wanted to see him leave the scene. He was too exciting with too much desire.
                Khan's desire was not knocked out of him.

Garcia will not give him a rematch because Danny's lightning would need to strike twice.
                Amir is worthy of chance two as with Peterson.
                He is one of those cats you have to root for.
                He trys harder than most an if he still wishes to throw hands, Danny Garcia did not end that prospect.

Comment

Froch fighters all the same, really disorganized on the attack arsenal, Khan was really out of tactics for this.
                  I can see easy why Rigondeaux told him "****off Freddy" you are BS as trainer.
                  Last edited by chubano; 07-15-2012, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                    Froch isn't saying this as revenge though, he's saying so that he's the only British fighter left out there with a name so the focus will be on him.

He was pi$$ed of Haye came back, he was pi$$ed off at the Hatton comeback rumour, he criticised Chisora and he's always been envious of the attention Khan gets, yet he'd have Calzaghe come out of retirement in a heartbeat.

His comments are wholly self-serving, and I say that as a Froch fan.
                    Froch is an all around better and tougher fighter than Khan and the rest of the British guys. I give Froch a lot of respect for the fighters/boxers he fought win or lose. I think Khan problem was/is, that he is a lil spoiled and doesn't keep his eyes on the prize. He could be a lot better but he thinks he is there already. How do you tell a upcoming fighter like Kell Brook or a guy who already knocked you out Bredis Prescott that they are not good enough to fight him? Peterson gave him hell and Garcia knocked him out in the 4th round and them dudes ain't even the elite level of competition. I'm loving all of the upsets though, Salido, Lopez, Garcia....... hope this teaches these promoters to stop picking fights because once their top guys lose to not so top guys, it makes their top guys look worse. Hats off to Garcia!

Comment

Originally posted by handsome1-1 View Post
                      It seems like frock won't give up being bitter and twisted on khan, he's been like this since he was scrappin with bums when he appeared on the scene. He was also very negative and bitter calzhaghe but stopped he retired. Froth gets outclassed with any boxer who's half descent, we ve seen that. Get him in the ring again ward, chad, even Kessler, the man's an idiot
                      Nah man it seems youre the one whos bitter that Froch has the jaw of a lion while your man Khan has a toilet paper one.

Comment

Working...
                      X