No announcement yet.

This is EXACTLY what Khan needed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
    He needed to be humbled down a few notches.

He's a great fighter but he's one of the least ring intelligent fighters i've ever seen. The way he fights is total opposite that to of his talents.

He was getting way too big headed with all the elite bs and needed to be humbled.

Write Khan off, they did after he was knocked out against Prescott.

But rememeber this, he'll be back. That is for sure.
    agreed, victories over judah and mccloskey do not mean that you should get a shot at mayweather.

in fact all the mayweather talk was disrespectful to thoese fighters who are ahead of khan in that queue.

imo khan doesn't learn from his mistakes. in the peterson fight he was deducted for pushing. at times in the fight yesterday he was doing the same thing. the fact that he has developed no inside game since the loss to peterson shows he isn't improving.

khan is a top 10/5 fighter. i think any fighter that is going to have a serious run at WW/LWW will probablt beat him but i still thin khan could give alot of guys in the division a good fight.

Comment

Khan will be back thats what they said after prescott, after Peterson, and know they say that after Garcia, only way he has a chance of coming back is if he stops fighting like a 5 y/o in the playground

khan should fight Allakhverdiev

Comment

Originally posted by wood1985 View Post
        People were saying the exact same after Prescott. It's what he needed, he'll be back better etc.
        And were they wrong??

Came back to become a world champion did he not??

Remember the kid is only 25 years old!

The next big hope everyones talking about is Kell Brook, who is 26. What did he achieve by the age of 25? Yeah, **** all.

He has time on his side.

We'll see if he humbles himself down and corrects what he has to correct to be back at this level again.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Money View Post
          Great viewing but quite dumb on his part.

Even Mayweather was clever enough to hold when he was hurt.

Gotta know when to hold em and when to fold em.
          Yup. Utterly shocking ring IQ, can't remember ever seeing someone make as many daft decisions inside the ring as he does.

He wants to be entertaining and i thank him for him, he certainly is. But there comes a time when you have to make the best decision for your career, and fighting like he does CERTAINLY is not.

Comment

Originally posted by hookoutofhell View Post
            agreed, victories over judah and mccloskey do not mean that you should get a shot at mayweather.

in fact all the mayweather talk was disrespectful to thoese fighters who are ahead of khan in that queue.

imo khan doesn't learn from his mistakes. in the peterson fight he was deducted for pushing. at times in the fight yesterday he was doing the same thing. the fact that he has developed no inside game since the loss to peterson shows he isn't improving.

khan is a top 10/5 fighter. i think any fighter that is going to have a serious run at WW/LWW will probablt beat him but i still thin khan could give alot of guys in the division a good fight.
            And he got warned for it. I want to hear all the people that said, "I've never seen a fighter get warned for pushing, EVER," tell me that it was ridiculous for Khan to get points deducted again.

Comment

And were they wrong??

Came back to become a world champion did he not??

Remember the kid is only 25 years old!

The next big hope everyones talking about is Kell Brook, who is 26. What did he achieve by the age of 25? Yeah, **** all.

He has time on his side.

We'll see if he humbles himself down and corrects what he has to correct to be back at this level again.
              Clearly he's come back better but all the warning signs were there early in his career. He's not got much room to come back a lot better. He's fighting at world level now where you're expected to fight top level opponents.

He'll need to take it down a level to come back to the top. Then just get smashed again.

Comment

Actually I think this was the last thing he needed. ANOTHER devastating KO defeat. If anything was going to humble him it would have been the Prescott fight (lol) or more recently Peterson.

I think last night was the last of Amir Khan, pretty sad in my opinion. He's a good guy.

Comment

Originally posted by StopBlocking View Post
                  Actually I think this was the last thing he needed. ANOTHER devastating KO defeat. If anything was going to humble him it would have been the Prescott fight (lol) or more recently Peterson.

I think last night was the last of Amir Khan, pretty sad in my opinion. He's a good guy.
                  If anything the Peaterson fight made him even more arrogant for some reason.

Trust me, he needed this.

Not saying this is guarenteed to bring him down a few notches but this is his only hope.

All that ''im elite'' this and that bs was embarrassing.

Humble yourself or risk being humbled, and i hope for his sake Garcia knocked some sense into him.

Comment

He needed to be humbled down a few notches.

He's a great fighter but he's one of the least ring intelligent fighters i've ever seen. The way he fights is total opposite that to of his talents.

He was getting way too big headed with all the elite bs and needed to be humbled.

Write Khan off, they did after he was knocked out against Prescott.
                    D
                    But rememeber this, he'll be back. That is for sure.
                    Except this has happened before.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      Except this has happened before.
                      It has, and he learned.

But he quickly forgot.

This time it better hit home PERMANENTLY.

If it doesn't, well then, he can say hello to some more KO's.

Comment

Working...
                      X