Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garcia stops Khan (VIDEO)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we all agree that Amir, should never speak the name of Floyd Mayweather again for as long as he draws breath?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
      I agree, absolute stellar night for boxing.

And lol, nah, I missed it. What did Manny say?
      He was talkin slow tryin to get his thoughts out, and said he was doin a Larry Merchant.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
        someone make some GIFs already!
        This ^^^hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
          He was talkin slow tryin to get his thoughts out, and said he was doin a Larry Merchant.
          Lol I gotta go back and rewatch it.

Comment

Early stoppage, not to say Garcia wouldn't have finished him.

But Khan did nothing wrong tonight. This TKO could've gone either way. Luck of the draw, Garcia got it.

Those exchanges were fierce and either fighter could've gotten dropped.
            Early? Dude... he was out of it after the first KD and even worse by the second. Bayless was really nice and let him continue on, but Khan was everywhere after that

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
              I disagree BG my man. Yes the exchanges were intense, but one one fighter fell in those exchanges, and it was the fighter who's chin has always had question marks surrounding it. Bayless is one of the top refs in the past 20 years, I dont theink the stoppage was premature, Amir was not going to make it nor be competative for the rest of the fight(however long it lasted).

Agreed 100%. The only other ref I can see letting it go that long is Steve Smoger. Khan never got himself together after the 1st KD, and Garcia has never been known to be a tremendous puncher. He was saved from being KO'd by Maidana, Kenny wasnt gonna save him this time. Great thread Bringer mah homie.

I give a ton of credit to Garcia for putting on an outstanding show, and showing how mature he is compared to all the folks saying he's green. And a shout out to Amir for showing the heart that he did. Great fight. I wont be gettin rid of that fight for a couple of weeks.
              Great post brother...

Comment

Why the **** was Garcia underdog, i will never get that , but still makes a nice wager for me

Comment

Originally posted by MJ406 View Post
                  not to rag on you, but the fact that Khan was winning doesn't matter since he got Knocked out

on another note, as good as Khan was looking early on IMO HBO was nut hugging a bit much

Khan was clearly landing more punches and was busier, but to his credit, Garcia seemed to handle em well

**I was telling my friend while watching that while Garcia is being beaten to the punch ... he prob has the bigger punch

"Look at Garcia's face. Khan's punches in the exchanges could've stopped Garcia also."

^ apparently not, as aside from a cut, Khan's punches didn't seem to phase Garcia all that greatly

**heck of a fight though .. and that Garcia hook 1st KD had me up hollering. Great for danny as he ups his stock tremendously

Of course, the fight is over. Khan lost.

All I'm saying is before knowing he would win the fight, during the 2nd round, I posted "someone's about to get dropped". I said "these exchanges are fierce and someone's about to get dropped, I just don't know who yet".

Maybe that's why I felt it could've gone either way, because "at the time", I didn't feel like Garcia was the more proven fighter up until that point. I was kind of in the middle, but I knew the exchanges were fierce and someone would get dropped. I said it 5 minutes before the actual knockdown.

In hindsight, Garcia was obviously the better fighter, but while the fight was going on, I felt it could've went either way.

Just so you know I'm not blowing smoke, here's my actual post 5 minutes before the knockdown:

Somebodies gonna get dropped in these exchanges. Trust me.

I can't tell who just yet, but somebody's going down.

Comment

lol at his Legs at the end of the 3rd hahaha

and Kenny Bayless was trying to buy Khan as much time as he could, Danny finishes him in the 3rd like he promised if Kenny did not stall like he did

Comment

pops garcia has never met a pakistanian that could fight.

NOPE

Comment

Working...
                      X