No announcement yet.

All Pakistani boxers are in Cricket.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
    The NBA was created in the 40's, and some of the best heavyweights from the USA were fighting in the 60's and 70's so ... no, NBA didn't steal all of the top talent.
    Yes, you ding-a-ling. But the NBA and the NFL didn't explode in popularity until the 80s and 90s. Up till then Americans were the kings of the heavyweight division.....but there has definitely been a drop off ever since. And it's no coincidence.

Pakistan on the other hand has never been a force in modern professional boxing. So cricket makes no difference.

Comment

Pakistan are rubbish at cricket nowadays, the only win matches due to Ajmal the chucker, not their pace attack.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Yes, you ding-a-ling. But the NBA and the NFL didn't explode in popularity until the 80s and 90s. Up till then Americans were the kings of the heavyweight division.....but there has definitely been a drop off ever since. And it's no coincidence.

Pakistan on the other hand has never been a force in modern professional boxing. So cricket makes no difference.
        yeah but cricket has always been big in Pakistan? boxing has never been really. I think the OP is just trying to say that the reason that you don't see great fighters come from pakistan isnt because of a lack of athletes just a different culture.

Comment

Originally posted by eli porter View Post
          I suppose that's why they have all that match fixing.
          Pakistan is rife with corruption.

Comment

Well, Pakistan is certainly not a boxing culture. If cricket wasn't around I don't think they would start churning out world champions in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by GG Magic View Post
              Pakistan is rife with corruption.
              wouldnt that make them perfect for boxing? They would probably make better promoters then boxers..

Comment

Working...
              X