Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chavez-Martinez thoughts and prediction. (Mismatch)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think mismatch is a bit harsh. iv been wanting to see this fight since the andy lee win and im just glad its on now instead of having to wait 2-3 years like most fights i want to see.

Comment

Mismatch? I don't think so.

Martinez will probably win but Chavez Jr is not exactly a bum. Chavez Jr is better than Macklin and Barker. I see a competitive fight with Martinez winning a comfortable decision.

Comment

I think Martinez is gonna have the performance of his career and may make Chavez Jr look pretty ordinary. Remember, Andy Lee was able to hit him very frequently, now you got a guy who's a lot more unorthodox, really good speed for his size, good power, and good movement in the ring. If you look back at the guys Chavez has fought I can't find anyone who comes close to mirroring Martinez as where at least in the case for Martinez he's fought guys naturally bigger than him, but it's never deterred him from fighting them and being successful.

I hope for a really good fight, but I think Martinez in the end is gonna whip his ass.

Comment

this is B.Hop vs Tito imo...Sergio being B.Hop, the slicker more versatile fighter...Jr, being Tito...the big punching bull....Jr is too 1D for a slickster with pop like Sergio.....IMO, Sergio is gonna move when he must, but I expect him to sitdown on his power shots when he lets them go....he will hurt Jr., bust him up and at some point papa Chavez will rescue his son...like papa Trinidad did against B.Hop...same **** different toilet....Sergio schools him, beats the breaks off him and then gets the family valued stoppage late

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
            this is B.Hop vs Tito imo...Sergio being B.Hop, the slicker more versatile fighter...Jr, being Tito...the big punching bull....Jr is too 1D for a slickster with pop like Sergio.....IMO, Sergio is gonna move when he must, but I expect him to sitdown on his power shots when he lets them go....he will hurt Jr., bust him up and at some point papa Chavez will rescue his son...like papa Trinidad did against B.Hop...same **** different toilet....Sergio schools him, beats the breaks off him and then gets the family valued stoppage late
            Baaaaaad example bro. B-Hop was bigger than Tito & Tito had already been exposed at 147.

Comment

There has been plenty of fights where the 1 dimensional fighter beats the boxer. This match is a toss up that can go either way but both fighters have to put a performance of a lifetime.

Comment

When I say mismatch, I mean that more so in terms of styles and how they match up. Martinez has problems when his opponents utilize movement, which both Macklin and Barker used a lot of. Which is why Martinez looked somewhat bad early on, but as soon as he adjusted and found his range and openings, both those fights were over in minutes.

Chavez relies on hooks upstairs and downstairs, you can guarantee he's not going to try an utilize movement like Macklin and Barker did. He's going to try to get inside on Sergio all night and I don't see it happening. Sergio gets touched up every now and then to the head, but you don't very often see him get tagged with hard clean punches to the head, and RARELY do you see him hit to the body.

Martinez, because he leans over in an unorthodox manner, is EXTREMELY hard to hit to the body, and very hard to get as close to him as Chavez will need to. Chavez has horrible defense. He takes hard clean shots from C level competition like Vanda (I know he's improved) but people seem to forget how badly he struggled, and how easy he was to hit, with the likes of Vanda and other low level competition.

Martinez will have a field day with Chavez. And, Chavez has shown a solid chin against guys who don't hit as hard and guys who are nowhere near as fast as Sergio. People also seem to forget that Chavez was badly stunned by Duddy in their fight. Like I said, unless Chavez makes these vast improvements defensively and fixes his other technical flaws, he's going to get dominated and sparked out. I'll eat my words if he proves me wrong as well.

Comment

Working...
                X