Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Khan an Elite Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It all depends on the definition, which everyone seems to have a different one.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
      It all depends on the definition, which everyone seems to have a different one.

and it also depends on the other fighters against whom you are compared

are there 100 fighters on the planet better than amir khan?
      f#ck no there arent.

Comment

Most of the fighters that are considered elite have one or more signature wins.

What is Khan's signature win?

Comment

What has Con done to be considered an Elite boxer

Comment

yeah .....

Comment

At his weight class? Sure. But on the global scale? On the p4p scale? Certainly not. He's lost to the best fighter he's fought and he's struggled with others. He has a lot to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
                Most of the fighters that are considered elite have one or more signature wins.

What is Khan's signature win?
                kotelnik

maidana

malignaggi

Comment

Originally posted by Gary_Sparrow View Post
                  kotelnik

maidana

malignaggi
                  It's been awhile since I've watched any of these fights, but if memory serves, I was most impressed w/the Kotelnik win.

I thought he was lucky to escape a KO by Maidana, but then again that's all he had to do because it was no great secret that he would win a boxing match.

Paulie? yeah Paulie's a good boxer but had alot of hard miles on him by then and I think Khan is faster than Paulie ever was anyway.

They are 3 good wins. Great wins? I dunno'...

Coupled with his obvious abilities...

I don't know.

Depends on how tight the parameters are I guess. Is he elite like Andre Ward is elite? Nah.

If the pool being considered extends to all the pro boxers on the planet, certainly.

How bout just all the fighters that currently get fights that are televised regionally or better. Ok certainly.

Where it starts getting questionable (imo) is when you shrink the pool to say, all the fighters that fight exclusively on PPV,HBO,Showtime...is he elite in this company?

I remain unconvinced but am keeping an open mind..

Comment

Originally posted by komodo View Post
                    Going by the definition of the word "elite" being the best or most skilled members of a group and considering that there are over 1500 Jr WW's out there for me being ranked in the top 5 or 10 in the division means you're an elite fighter.

I've said it before and I'll say it again whoever thinks Khan's not elite @ 140 is ******ed. That is all.
                    To reach that point I guess you had to be doing something right, and you qualified it by saying @ 140 which he is clearly in the Top 3.

If the meaning of elite meaning to Pacquiao, Mayweather, Ward, standards then absolutely not.
                    Last edited by Biolink; 07-11-2012, 01:07 PM.

Comment

look how popular he is, he must be elite. canelo as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X