No announcement yet.

Victor Ortiz Parts Ways With Trainer Danny Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
    This is a good move imo,Ortiz needs someone who will make him mentally tough..I wonder who steps in to train him??Whoever it is,needs to be good at training defense and mental toughness..
    He'll never hire someone who will try and make him mentally tougher... like an Ann Wolfe. The reason why he liked Danny because he was very submissive and passive.

Comment

I actually feel Emanuel Steward would be a great choice for Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
        I don't think Ortiz can be a fighter who fights off the back foot its not in his mentality..Cotto had it in his ability and fighter makeup to fight going backward,he just needed someone to teach him how to do it effectively..Ortiz does not haveit in him to do this(at least I've never seen it)he needs someone to keep him defensively responsible while moving foward...Well that's my opinion anyway...
        I see your point. Cotto was an ok fighter going backwards, Pedro just made him a lot better. Victor isn't good at it, but he is young and can learn. only if he has the drive and motivation to do it. Another thing Pedro brings is the mental part of the game. Which victor lacks a lot of. But hey maybe Cotto is just a way better fighter than Ortiz. But I think Pedro would be a nice fit for him

Comment

Originally posted by Kingdelboxeo View Post
          I see your point. Cotto was an ok fighter going backwards, Pedro just made him a lot better. Victor isn't good at it, but he is young and can learn. only if he has the drive and motivation to do it. Another thing Pedro brings is the mental part of the game. Which victor lacks a lot of. But hey maybe Cotto is just a way better fighter than Ortiz. But I think Pedro would be a nice fit for him
          hell yeah, pedro was my choice. trainer and physical coach at the same time. maybe steward, but i don't see roach happening.

Comment

Great News...
            Probably the only known fighter danny garcia had...
            jobless are we now danny boy?
            hahahaha

Comment

that sucks for danny garcia..i wonder if robert garcia knows about this already and what he thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by the_ilest View Post
                hell yeah, pedro was my choice. trainer and physical coach at the same time. maybe steward, but i don't see roach happening.
                Na I think roach would be the last person I would want to see train victor. Victor lacks a lot of D and roach isn't know particularly on his Defensive skills. So I think Pedro would be a nice fit

Comment

Lol at saying that ortiz advised his corner(garcia) that he broke his jaw in the fourth round. B.s. Ortiz explicitly stated he broke it in the 9th round in the post fight interview. Thats just damage control 101. Lie.

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
                    Lol at saying that ortiz advised his corner(garcia) that he broke his jaw in the fourth round. B.s. Ortiz explicitly stated he broke it in the 9th round in the post fight interview. Thats just damage control 101. Lie.
                    The night of the fight he broke it in the 9th. The day after he broke it in the 7th. A week later it was the 5th. Now it's the 4th. Might as well get the damage control over with and say he broke it during training camp, because Ortiz is such a warrior!

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      The night of the fight he broke it in the 9th. The day after he broke it in the 7th. A week later it was the 5th. Now it's the 4th. Might as well get the damage control over with and say he broke it during training camp, because Ortiz is such a warrior!
                      Lmao, exactly

Comment

Working...
                      X