Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victor Ortiz Parts Ways With Trainer Danny Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a good move imo,Ortiz needs someone who will make him mentally tough..I wonder who steps in to train him??Whoever it is,needs to be good at training defense and mental toughness..

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
      Anne Wolfe would get his mind straight, i wouldn't be surprised if her "regime" was what got Kikrland injured.
      Ortiz would never make it out of a camp with Wolfe...

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
        Prbly that's a shame if she did.
        Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
        Anne Wolfe would get his mind straight, i wouldn't be surprised if her "regime" was what got Kikrland injured.
        Wouldn't doubt it. Dunno why people praise her so much. She's probably doing Kirkland more harm than good.

Comment

I think everyone is gonna suggest Nacho or some already known trainer. But what do you guys think of Ortiz going with Cotto's trainer, Pedro Diaz? I don't think this would be a bad hook up. The dude is strict and is about his business. I think he could get Ortiz right.

Comment

I don't think he would take in a guy like Ortiz, but Nazim Richardson could probably teach Ortiz a thing or two about the mental part of the game.
            When the fight doesn't go as expected in the early rounds Ortiz seems to have lapses. Look at the Berto fight, he has a huge first round and he's engaged for the entire fight. Then look at the Floyd fight, he's head butting the guy within five rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
              I am not big in either of the garcia brothers. Look what happened to margarito.
              Part of being a good corner is suppose to protect the fighter. I am not impressed with the boxing skillz of boxers coming from either brothers. Donaire should dump his trainer as well.
              Both Garcias suck.

Margarita and Victoria aside, how has Brandon Rios improved at all? After all these years he fights EXACTLY the same damn way. No defense. His chin will be broken before he's 30.

Lame.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                I think everyone is gonna suggest Nacho or some already known trainer. But what do you guys think of Ortiz going with Cotto's trainer, Pedro Diaz? I don't think this would be a bad hook up. The dude is strict and is about his business. I think he could get Ortiz right.
                I am with you on this. I think a change for Pedro Diaz would be good for Victor. He would teach vic to fight moving backwards, and he seems to know his boxing pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingdelboxeo View Post
                  I am with you on this. I think a change for Pedro Diaz would be good for Victor. He would teach vic to fight moving backwards, and he seems to know his boxing pretty good.
                  I don't think Ortiz can be a fighter who fights off the back foot its not in his mentality..Cotto had it in his ability and fighter makeup to fight going backward,he just needed someone to teach him how to do it effectively..Ortiz does not haveit in him to do this(at least I've never seen it)he needs someone to keep him defensively responsible while moving foward...Well that's my opinion anyway...

Comment

I don't blame Ortiz, he's obviously cut from the same cloth as his brother who allowed his fighter to take a career ending beat down.

Comment

I just hope he did not quit his Coke route,

Comment

Working...
                      X