No announcement yet.

Is Pavlik Ready For Any Of These Fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
    Pavlik vs Abraham would've been explosive a few years ago.

It's still a very good fight right now.
    Might be the most even matchup, along with Bute.

Comment

Pavlik vs froch is what i want. Pavlik knocks him out to.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Tyson77 View Post
        Pavlik vs froch is what i want. Pavlik knocks him out to.
        Would be the end of Pavlik and the beggining of the ghost! He not ready for froch

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          Might be the most even matchup, along with Bute.
          Stylistically I love this matchup. Both of these guys come forward and throw bombs.

Reminds me of a Maidana-Mathysse, Margarito-Angulo type matchup.

You don't have to worry about guys moving around or anythng, not that it's bad. But these guys will come to go to war.

Comment

he simply cant deal with mobile fighters,and looks extremely slow

Comment

Originally posted by bhayes21151 View Post
              Ward - NO!
              Dawson - Maybe
              Abraham - Yes
              Froch - NO
              Bute - Yes
              Sergio Rematch - NO!
              Hopkins Rematch - Maybe
              Kessler - NO
              Pascal - Hell of a tune up!

abraham and bute.

pascal is no tune up.
              if he can pace himself he'd beat kelly to the punch all night. he's way too fast. looping shots like the ones he throws land on pavlik. they always have. he just takes them. pascal is enough of a puncher to win rounds like that against pavlik. i just think he's way too fast to be considered a tune up.

kelly had some issues with the speed of will rosinsky. rosinsky makes pascal look like roy jones.

Comment

I'd be interested in seeing him get in there with Abraham or Bute.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2012 View Post
                  he simply cant deal with mobile fighters,and looks extremely slow

pavlik's got the potential to knock any of those men out.

that being said, there are also guys on that list who he literally could not touch

dawson and ward would literally not have a mark on them.

andre ward fights more like bernard hopkins than any other active fighter. kelly hardly touched hopkins when they fought.

i have no interest in seeing a hopkins rematch. if hopkins loses it's only because he's almost 50. we saw that fight already, and kelly doesnt belong in the same sentence as hopkins.
                  it would literally be nothing other than the age of hopkins that won kelly the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    pavlik's got the potential to knock any of those men out.

that being said, there are also guys on that list who he literally could not touch

dawson and ward would literally not have a mark on them.

andre ward fights more like bernard hopkins than any other active fighter. kelly hardly touched hopkins when they fought.

i have no interest in seeing a hopkins rematch. if hopkins loses it's only because he's almost 50. we saw that fight already, and kelly doesnt belong in the same sentence as hopkins.
                    it would literally be nothing other than the age of hopkins that won kelly the fight.
                    Agreed!! well put, not 100 % sold on dawson tho

Comment

Bute, Abraham, Kessler and Hopkins are the only ones he has a chance against right now. Bute because of experience level, AA because he is slow and on the decline, Kessler because he is on the decline, Hopkins because he looked old now and is on the decline. Kelly should get down to 160, so he won't be as sluggish and have more power.

Comment

Working...
                      X