Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chavez, Whitaker, Mayweather, Pacman: Who Had the Strongest Run as P4P King?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryx2012 View Post
    in reality floyd never lost his throne and has been #1 since hopkins lost in 05............
    That would have been crazy if he never retired. You would be talking about P4P#1 for a decade assuming he fights for 3 more years like he says.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
      That would have been crazy if he never retired. You would be talking about P4P#1 for a decade assuming he fights for 3 more years like he says.
      floyd is severly underrated,seriously we have been blessed to witness real greatness

Comment

The funny thing about the pound for pound list is how difficult it is to be acknowledged as number 1 but how easy it is to be acknowledged as the number one.

Comment

That's a good point, but I don't feel he deserved the nod over Roy Jones after his "win" over Whitaker.
          Seriously though about Oscar. The ammount of names and greatness on his resume is insane.

Comment

Originally posted by SixFootGiant View Post
            Mayweather. Only reason Pacquiao got the P4P 1 spot in the first place was when Floyd left. IMO once Floyd came back in my book he became P4P number 1 again.

It's like Jordan leaving the NBA in 1993 but coming back in 1995 and reclaiming his spot as the HNIC in the league
            Well on the first place I don't know why they put Mayweather on the first place by beating Gati and some bums. Even if Floyd didn't retire his resume speaks for itself.

Gatti was shot and proved he lost his next two fights and retired and did the following fighters where none of them considered hall of famer at all.
            Mitchell was shot and lost one of his last 2 fight and retired.
            Judah coming from his lost against Baldomir and lost again after the Floyd fight.
            Baldomir was shot and lost his next 2 fights after Floyd.
            shot Oscar
            140 Hatton
            Last edited by straightleft; 07-04-2012, 07:48 PM.

Comment

After checking what these fighters did during their time as Ring PFP. champ I had to give it to Whitaker. He had lots of good wins in 93 94 and 95. Almost everyone thought he beat Chavez and solid wins over prime McGirt and prime 154 pound champ Vasquez give him the strongest run as PFP king in my opinion. I will add that I don't like the way he fought, but it won him big fights.

Comment

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
                Well on the first place I don't know why they put Mayweather on the first place by beating Gati and some bums. Even if Floyd didn't retire his resume speaks for itself.
                C'mon son. They didn't put Floyd #1 just because he beat Gatti. His resume had wins over:

Genaro Hernandez (#1 junior lightweight in the world)
                Angel Manfredy (#4 junior lightweight in the world)
                Jose Luis Castillo X 2
                Diego Corrales (#1, junior lightweight, #5 pound for pound)
                Arturo Gatti (#1 light welterweight in the world)

And he had conquered 3 weight divisions. He was more than deserving of the #1 spot after Hopkins lost to Jermain Taylor.

Comment

C'mon son. They didn't put Floyd #1 just because he beat Gatti. His resume had wins over:

Genaro Hernandez (#1 junior lightweight in the world)
                  Angel Manfredy (#4 junior lightweight in the world)
                  Jose Luis Castillo X 2
                  Diego Corrales (#1, junior lightweight, #5 pound for pound)
                  Arturo Gatti (#1 light welterweight in the world)

And he had conquered 3 weight divisions. He was more than deserving of the #1 spot after Hopkins lost to Jermain Taylor.
                  That was before when he was building his name to be a p4p fighter. You will never be a number one if you dont start first from lower ranking but then his next series of fights he fought these shot past their prime fighters and were in the end of their careers when Floyd fought them.

Gatti was shot and proved he lost his next two fights and retired and so did the following fighters where none of them considered hall of famer at all.
                  Mitchell was shot and lost one of his last 2 fight and retired.
                  Judah coming from his lost against Baldomir and lost again after the Floyd fight.
                  Baldomir was shot and lost his next 2 fights after Floyd.
                  shot Oscar
                  Hatton was a good win if only he was not a 140 fighter.
                  then he retired and didn't fight young prime Cotto and Margarito in his very own weight division.
                  Last edited by straightleft; 07-04-2012, 08:06 PM.

Comment

I would have to go with sweet Pea. I still remember that fight with Chavez .I have it on tape. I still watch it sometimes what a classic performance by Whitaker.

Comment

No he wasn't...........

Roy was the fastest fighter I've ever seen BUT he fought a lot of security guards, fire-fighters, and policemen in his prime. Not the case with Pea. Pea's place in history cannot be matched or touched by Roy. PERIOD.

Comment

Working...
                      X