Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan: I Would've Prefered Peterson To Settle The Score!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Khan: I Would've Prefered Peterson To Settle The Score!

Amir Khan admits his desire for revenge almost convinced him to fight Lamont Peterson in a world light-welterweight title rematch in May despite the Philadelphian's positive drugs test.

Khan's second clash with Peterson was called off with days to spare in May when Peterson tested positive for synthetic testosterone, despite his claims he took the drug for medical reasons. [Click Here To Read More]

Sorry Khan, most of us would have preferred it too. These guys are too busy doping and then forcing their opponents to test...

At least you get the satisfaction of knocking Garcia out.

Comment

Somehow it would have been more plausable to believe him had he "Settled the score with Prescott". At best he would have pulled off a messy points win against Peterson and would not have looked good doing it at worst he would have got exposed again. If he wants to settle the score he can give Peterson a match and make sure drugs testing is in place but somehow I don't see that happening.

Comment

you would lose to peterson again and ure career is over if garcia beats you

Comment

There's no point in the rematch really, Peterson's got no chance against Khan if he can't use his precious PEDs. Without the cheating ref Khan beat the PED version of Peterson the first time anyway, Peterson won't win more than 2 rounds in a rematch.

It's pretty much a mismatch IMO, Khan would dominate this drug cheat.

Comment

Petersen would need his peds, hometown judges and ref, and hatman to secure another dodgy decision lol

Comment

Question is would they allow the fight to proceed if he says he's still willing to fight the guy who was tested positive? Donaire made a similar comment recently and I have to wonder if the resumption of the fight is up to the boxer.

Comment

I loved their 1st fight. Am a big Khan fan & didn't bother scoring the first one as I was so engrossed in the brawl. I have to admit after 35 odd years of watching boxing this PED bollocks has me non plussed. I remember when a fighter being on drugs meant Kirkland Laing going out on another bender.

And as much as I want Khan to beat Garcia I ain't counting Danny out. He's a young, undefeated, (sort of) Champion so we don't yet know how many other levels he has.

Comment

Peterson doesn't deserve another pay-day. Hopefully fighters/promoters avoid matching-up with him.

Comment

Working...
                  X