Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GB has ruled out Lara, K9, Trout, Quintana, and Cotto for Canelo. Who's left?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tha_Greatest View Post
    maybe a alfonso gomez rematch cause gomez won almost every round till he got knocked out, i dont know who too put so gomes can redeem himself or canelo can prove the first fight was a off night
    Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks this.
    Canelo honestly looked freaking confused with Gomez.... and he's a freaking WW.
    I lol'd at the judges

Comment

They aren't going to put Canelo in with anyone semi-slick again after the Gomez fight exposed some of Canelo's weaknesses(trouble against movement and angles, lack of a jab, waits too long for openings). The best move imo would be to push back the date and fight Kirkland when he's healthy. Kirkland has the perfect style for Alvarez to look good against but still has enough danger factor with his power that the fight can't be written off as another no-hoper. And it doesn't make since to have Alvarez competing with the Martinez-Chavez Jr fight(assuming something random doesn't throw that fight off), because there's no way the Alvarez card gets watched in that scenario unless he's fighting Cotto.

Comment

Yori Boy Campas on Telemundo!

Comment

Most likely it will be Molina, I was thinking for sure it would be Quintana, but given that he has recently said his team has not gotten a call, I doubt it.

Lets see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Tha_Greatest View Post
            canelo won by a lucky knockout punch, it wasnt a desicion win by canelo, id like to see a rematch of this so i can see if canelos improved or not
            Yeah I know I'm sayin wasn't Gomez behind on the scorecards when the fight was stopped. I even remember Gomez defending properly when it was stopped, it was way to early. I'm thinking they'd look for a way to give it to him regardless.

... but when he got tagged it looked like the fight was changing directions.

Comment

Canelo vs. Canelo

Comment

Originally posted by Sttag View Post
                Yeah I know I'm sayin wasn't Gomez behind on the scorecards when the fight was stopped. I even remember Gomez defending properly when it was stopped, it was way to early. I'm thinking they'd look for a way to give it to him regardless.

... but when he got tagged it looked like the fight was changing directions.
                Yeah, officially Gomez was behind a ridiculous 50-44, and 49-45(x2) at the time of the stoppage despite having appeared to have won at least three rounds prior to the stoppage(HBO unofficially had the fight a draw going into the sixth round). So he wasn't going to win by decision and a moot point because the ref stopped the fight as quickly as possible to boot. Canelo's well-protected in a lot of ways. That said, I would say as things stand the only fighters currently at 154 who would beat Canelo are Mayweather, Lara, and Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by HitBattousai View Post
                  Yeah, officially Gomez was behind a ridiculous 50-44, and 49-45(x2) at the time of the stoppage despite having appeared to have won at least three rounds prior to the stoppage(HBO unofficially had the fight a draw going into the sixth round). So he wasn't going to win by decision and a moot point because the ref stopped the fight as quickly as possible to boot. Canelo's well-protected in a lot of ways. That said, I would say as things stand the only fighters currently at 154 who would beat Canelo are Mayweather, Lara, and Cotto.
                  Yeah I agree. I'd add Trout. He has the style to give the ginger huge problems. Maybe Molina too, cause he's so awkward.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                    Trout says he's out of the running. Earner says GB has very little interest in K9 vs Canelo. Lara is out for obvious reasons. Cotto is on vacation. And Quintana hasn't gotten a phone call. Who is left for Canelo to fight?

Rosado? Mayorga? Molina? I thought GB said they had already chosen their opponent.
                    He will fight bundrage on CBS, take his title, have 2 belts then unify vs Mayweather next year

Comment

Originally posted by Jerub Baal View Post

Canelo vs. Canelo
                      I got Canelo by stoppage

Comment

Working...
                      X