Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had Pavlik never fought Hopkins, he would be where today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do admit I totally forgot he did stay champion for about 2 years afterwards. By ducking opponents (i.e. Williams) faking injuries (alcoholism) he just showed that he lost his confidence by losing to Hopkins.
    Rubio was a tough guy, ask David Lemiux about that, but very limited.
    Espinosa was a contender contestant who really had no business being in there with Pavlik.
    Then Sergio Martinez happened and well that took a lot out of him.

Comment

I agree, with the problems Pavlik had/has its hard to imagine him getting by a world class fighter. I still think a booze free, in shape Pavlik can beat Froch!

Comment

Originally posted by mehoe View Post
        I do admit I totally forgot he did stay champion for about 2 years afterwards. By ducking opponents (i.e. Williams) faking injuries (alcoholism) he just showed that he lost his confidence by losing to Hopkins.
        Rubio was a tough guy, ask David Lemiux about that, but very limited.
        Espinosa was a contender contestant who really had no business being in there with Pavlik.
        Then Sergio Martinez happened and well that took a lot out of him.
        Some guys never ever come back from their first loss, and Hopkins has ruined numerous fighters. It was obvious to see the Hopkins fight haunting Kelly long after in the way he carried himself.

However, it looks like Kelly is finally clean and gaining in confidence with this comeback. I like the activity and work he's putting in with Garcia. I had all but written him off six months ago.

Hopefully he'll get back down to 160 and get back a title shot.

Comment

Working...
        X