Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who among these fighters should go into the Hall of Fame?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can anyone make a compelling argument that Tarver get even a mention of Hall of Fame. He was so average and has like two marquee moments, beating a shot RJJ and getting his ass beat by Hopkins. What kind of world is it, where a place where legendaries like Duran, Robinson, and Ali are being linked with Tarver? Madness.

I think the K-Bros are borderline though. Sad that they division is so in the dump, but they've had an iron clad hold on it, so that counts for something.

Of those busted or suspected, I would be outraged if they are first ballot. That should be their comeuppance, to not be a first ballot hall of famer.

Comment

Everyone besides Tarver.

Comment

Except for tarver, Everyone seems to be worthy to be amongst the greatest who lace a pair of gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          But what about James Toney, Antonio Tarver and Roy Jones?

What about Shane Mosley and Evan Fields?
          The RJJjr story is a difficult one because the substance was only banned by the IBF (and very recently aswell) and it was available legally over the counter, afterward he subjected himself to drug screening and was found negative in both samples.

Also Hall his opponent for the fight he tested positive in also tested positive for the same banned substance so it's quite possible it was contaminated.

Also Vitali tested positive at one point in his amateur career, but you don't seem to be mentioning him. For the record I think everyone bar Tarver gets in.

Comment

I wouldn't vote Tarver or Vitali in, but all the rest are certain locks.

Comment

I can understand why some people think Vitali shouldn't go into the Hall of Fame, although I believe he should.

But it makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE that some people think Wladimir does not belong there.
              I don't think Vitali is, but Wladimir is without question a HoFer. Anyone that says otherwise is a 'hater' as they say.

Comment

I voted for everyone except Mosley, Tarver and Vitali.

Comment

I can understand why some people think Vitali shouldn't go into the Hall of Fame, although I believe he should.

But it makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE that some people think Wladimir does not belong there.
                  I have read every single post in this thread and not one person says Wlad shouldnt be in there. If you would like everyone who views this thread (only 114 votes against over 2000 views) to vote for Wlad as well you can give the same argument for most of the guys on that list. Would you like to see over 2000 votes for Wlad?
                  Last edited by Sage84; 11-13-2012, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                    Also Vitali tested positive at one point in his amateur career, but you don't seem to be mentioning him.
                    The Klitschko-haters always bring that up, but it was not a PED. It was prescribed to treat an injury and Vitali didn't realize it was a banned substance.

Comment

Tarver should not, rest had great careers, few of them can be considered top 50 ATG

Comment

Working...
                      X