No announcement yet.

Who's the better Mexican superstar??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    The best pressure fighter in boxing wouldn't get his shit pushed in by Martirosyan in sparring.
    Sounds great, may I see some proof??

BTW, wasn't Vanes supposed to get a title shot against ginger?? Why didn't he??
    Last edited by Bushbaby; 07-01-2012, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
      alvarez is better imo. idk where this comes from that chavez jrs resume is so much better than alvarez', maybe its a bit better but not by as much as ppl make it out to be.

mosley wasnt a worthy challenger for manny, a top p4p fighter but for a young titlist he was a decent opponent. baldomir was past his prime and not all that good to begin with, but compared to jrs opponents there isnt that big a diffrence. baldomirs win over judah is better than anything they ever did and he is a former undisputed champion. again im not bulding baldomir up as some great fighter but compared to rubio, zbik or lee hes not that bad.

same thing applies to kermit contron. ppl can knock cintron all they want for being a quitter and a crier etc but hes a dangerous fighter, a former titleholder whos been in there with several other top fighters. what he has done completely ****s on what andy lee, rubio or zbik has achieved as well.

on top of that alvarez is clearly far more skilled than chavez jr. jr is pretty much just a big guy beating up smaller and lesser opponets, soon he wont be able to make 160, then what? can anyone seriously see him making MW for much longer or being competetive at 168? and thats overlooking all the fishy stuff thats going on around him.

alvarez meanwhile is one of the best talents in boxing, speed, legit p4p power that will carry up in weight, fundamentally sound. clearly far more skilled than chavez in addition to being smarter and more physicly gifted.
      This might all be true, however Chavez is slated to fight Martinez next. Top 5 pfp material. I expect a close fight. Win, lose or draw this fight will but a sizeable dent in quality of resume. And if Chavez wins, there cannot be a debate for quite some time. There won't be a resume to compare.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
        alvarez is better imo. idk where this comes from that chavez jrs resume is so much better than alvarez', maybe its a bit better but not by as much as ppl make it out to be.

mosley wasnt a worthy challenger for manny, a top p4p fighter but for a young titlist he was a decent opponent. baldomir was past his prime and not all that good to begin with, but compared to jrs opponents there isnt that big a diffrence. baldomirs win over judah is better than anything they ever did and he is a former undisputed champion. again im not bulding baldomir up as some great fighter but compared to rubio, zbik or lee hes not that bad.

same thing applies to kermit contron. ppl can knock cintron all they want for being a quitter and a crier etc but hes a dangerous fighter, a former titleholder whos been in there with several other top fighters. what he has done completely ****s on what andy lee, rubio or zbik has achieved as well.

on top of that alvarez is clearly far more skilled than chavez jr. jr is pretty much just a big guy beating up smaller and lesser opponets, soon he wont be able to make 160, then what? can anyone seriously see him making MW for much longer or being competetive at 168? and thats overlooking all the fishy stuff thats going on around him.

alvarez meanwhile is one of the best talents in boxing, speed, legit p4p power that will carry up in weight, fundamentally sound. clearly far more skilled than chavez in addition to being smarter and more physicly gifted.
        Unlike Baldomir, Rubio wasn't dragged out of retirement. He was at least fringe top 10 with his win over Lemieux. Plus he could punch.

Mosley was bigger than Pac, fighting at his best weight, got dropped and ran. Nobody gives Pac any credit for this one cause Mosley was washed up. Did Mosley suddenly become unshot after Pac? Did he suddenly become an effective super welter after failing there in his prime?

And if you gotta stick up for Cintron (that sorry version!) you know you're on shaky ground.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          Unlike Baldomir, Rubio wasn't dragged out of retirement. He was at least fringe top 10 with his win over Lemieux. Plus he could punch.

Mosley was bigger than Pac, fighting at his best weight, got dropped and ran. Nobody gives Pac any credit for this one cause Mosley was washed up. Did Mosley suddenly become unshot after Pac? Did he suddenly become an effective super welter after failing there in his prime?

And if you gotta stick up for Cintron (that sorry version!) you know you're on shaky ground.
          What???? Nooooooooo..............didn't Cintron just get a win over an espn fighter??

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            You keep claiming falsehoods & don't stop. Fact check. I'll be you accounts you'll never find anywhere in my post history where I said Floyd or Pacman need to move to 154 to fight the Punisher. I know this because he could always make 147. I've always said they could fight him at 147.

It seems like whenever you run out of good debate, you go & recycle this same worn out lie.
            So 5% of my post was incorrect, shoot me. At the end of the day the conclusion I reached remains unchanged as you do not deny crying for years about Floyd and Pacquiao not fighting Martinez at 154lb, boxers with a smaller frame than Ortiz.

Comment

Sounds great, may I see some proof??

Embarassing.

BTW, wasn't Vanes supposed to get a title shot against ginger?? Why didn't he??
              Hmmm I don't know. Maybe it has something to do with him being Top Rank?

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                So 5% of my post was incorrect, shoot me. At the end of the day the conclusion I reached remains unchanged as you do not deny crying for years about Floyd and Pacquiao not fighting Martinez at 154lb, boxers with a smaller frame than Ortiz.
                Pacman, Floyd & Martinez. Number's 1,2 & 3 top pfp all won championship bouts at 154. That is not comparable to Victor Ortiz fighting the 3rd rank super welterweight. Tell me what top super welterweight does Ortiz beat. he couldn't beat a jr welterweight. For ginger to duck his entire division to fight Ortiz is lame, try harder.

Comment

What???? Nooooooooo..............didn't Cintron just get a win over an espn fighter??
                  Barely, I think. Not sure I sat through the whole thing

Comment

Embarassing.

You see this ****?!

Like I've been saying, he's decently skilled but because of the massive size advantage he has, that's what makes him dangerous. Does anyone here really think he's gonna make noise at 168?

Comment

Embarassing.

Yeah, he got murked. (But not really). Good sparring right there.

Comment

Working...
                      X