No announcement yet.

canelo KILLS lara

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by New England View Post
    like every other 22 year old cash cow in the history of the sport he's been matched carefully.

kermit cintron looks like a puppy dog that somebody beat up on, but the guy can crack

any pro boxer at or around your size has a realistic chance to damage you. they couldnt because they were outclassed or outgunned

the fact remains that none of these guys are looking like they belong in the ring with canelo, which is exactly what he's supposed to do.

eventually you'll see him tested and we'll see if the horse can run. i'll be willing to bet that he can.
    he proved some time ago that he's not some pure smoke and mirrors job
    unlike chavez, who was pure hype until recently when he started to make some serious improvements, canelo has always been a very good boxer with very technical offense.
    Alphonzo Gomez definitley belonged in the ring against Canelo and was winning the fight before the early stoppage.

Canelo has 42 fights. Yes, 42 fights. Let's stop calling him a kid.

Is he suppose to have 60 fights before he becomes a man?

Comment

like every other 22 year old cash cow in the history of the sport he's been matched carefully.

kermit cintron looks like a puppy dog that somebody beat up on, but the guy can crack

any pro boxer at or around your size has a realistic chance to damage you. they couldnt because they were outclassed or outgunned

the fact remains that none of these guys are looking like they belong in the ring with canelo, which is exactly what he's supposed to do.

eventually you'll see him tested and we'll see if the horse can run. i'll be willing to bet that he can.
      unlike chavez, who was pure hype until recently when he started to make some serious improvements, canelo has always been a very good boxer with very technical offense.
      My opinion of Canelo and Chavez are constantly changing. Chavez is gradually gaining my respect, and his style is becoming less of a headache to watch. I still rather watch Canelo though, but his team's match-making choices are questionable to say the least. That is, unless they prove me wrong and he fights Molina next.
      Last edited by kiaba360; 07-01-2012, 02:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
        Alphonzo Gomez definitley belonged in the ring against Canelo and was winning the fight before the early stoppage.

Canelo has 42 fights. Yes, 42 fights. Let's stop calling him a kid.

Is he suppose to have 60 fights before he becomes a man?

he had very little amateur background.

and yes, he's very young, so i'll be calling him a kid.

the amount of fights doesnt have anything to do with your physical and mental development from boy to man. the only thing that will do that is time. you gotta grow up and be a man before you're cut loose

he's just now entering the man strength years and his prime. when he first came on the scene he had a ton of fights, but he was flippin 19 years old.
        that's a kid.

you would get fired from your matchmaking jobs quickly if you put canelo in there with a top dog at 154 when he was 19

wait a few years and the kid make you a lot of money

withint the next two years i think goldenboy is going to put canelo in there with floyd mayweather, the best fighter on the planet
        i'd be interested what you've got to say then
        Last edited by New England; 07-01-2012, 02:54 PM.

Comment

maybe you didn't "C" them but they were there. hernandez was boring his way through laras punches and getting to his body. you've got to be close to do that.

if you want to be objective about a subject it's a lot more difficult when you're calling a guy "ginger," etc.
          frankly i generally look right by a post like that.

and when are you guys going to stop caring about alphabet belts?
          they dont mean anything
          there are four of them. they're used to make money and that is it. that's the only reason they are there.

if you watch enough boxing you know who the best fighters are. they establish a lineage, and that's the real "champion" of a division.
          The "belts" don't meant nothing but for boxers means better paydays, now you look at the ratings one month ago were Lara was #1 and Kirkland_Canelo was a "mandatory", they fight fell through and since it was supossed to be a mandatory Lara should be fighting Canelo, but no he is not the #1 anymore, Cotto is, now I ask you if it means something or not? And remember just because I don't c what you saw it doesn't meant that it wasn't there or not, it is after all an opinion, just like I think Lara will mop the floor with Canelo is an opinion, opinion base on pedigre, boxing ability, prime years, ring smart and resume, 350+ amateur fights, 18 pro fights with better opponents than that of 40+ canelo's, but again once they step into the ring all bets are off and the best should win, Canelo has never face a fighter like Lara and Lara has face fighters like Canelo, until the Ginger face better competition and from his own division it will be what it is no matter what ppl think or say, a hype job and I said a hype job because he has a "Belt" if not I'll call him a prospect and that is what he really is.

Comment

the amount of fights doesnt have anything to do with your physical and mental development from boy to man

he's just now entering the man strength years and his prime. when he first came on the scene he had a ton of fights, but he was flippin 19 years old.
            that's a kid.
            So you're saying "as a kid", he got the title to early and should have learned more and matured before getting the title?

Comment

the amount of fights doesnt have anything to do with your physical and mental development from boy to man

that's a kid.
              Then vacate the freaking belt and let the men fight for it, you excuse him because he is 21, Benitez won a belt at 17 against the best 140 pounder of his time and from there on he just fought men, Tyson was an unified Champ at 21 winning the belt at 20 just like Patterson, and if you are not excusing him because his age then don't mention it.

Comment

the amount of fights doesnt have anything to do with your physical and mental development from boy to man. the only thing that will do that is time. you gotta grow up and be a man before you're cut loose

that's a kid.

you would get fired from your matchmaking jobs quickly if you put canelo in there with a top dog at 154 when he was 19

wait a few years and the kid make you a lot of money

withint the next two years i think goldenboy is going to put canelo in there with floyd mayweather, the best fighter on the planet
                i'd be interested what you've got to say then
                So he will be ducking all the best 154 until Floyd is 38 years old? Yes that seems to be his pattern.

Comment

I don't remember DLH, Morales, Barrera, Duran, Leonard, Hearns, Camacho, Whitaker, Tyson, Patterson etc.. being matched that "carefully"

Comment

• I just find it disgusting that Canelo is pulling a Bute before our very eyes.

All the top guys are killing themselves against each other while trying to get a shot at this kid, while he's fighting #9 and #10 ranked WW's.

Has anyone ever heard of "being next in line" or "wait your turn"? Lol these are rules we teach our children.

Mother to Child: After your cousin drinks from the water fountain, you're next in line.

What's happening here is guys that have no business jumping the line are getting shot after shot.

For example, Kirkland was a mandatory against Canelo. How did #10 ranked Shane Mosley jump the line ahead of Kirkland?

How did Cintron and Gomez jump the line to get a shot at the supposed most prestigous title available; WBC?

Now we possibly have Quintana possibly jumping the line because he beat D'andre Lattimore?

I just find it disgusting that the top guys in the division are beating the crap out of each other and going through Lord of the Ring type missions to get a title shot, while Canelo Alvarez's missions are Mario Bros from Nintendo (1985).

This whole fiasco is a mess.

Comment

• Then when Kirkland finally does get a shot, he's being asked to do it injured.

The Williams fight was a step up from previous competition, but he was one fight removed from being asked to retire after his loss against Lara.

Comment

Working...
                      X