canelo KILLS lara

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 915angel View Post
    mosleys never been ko'd so ill give ginger a pass on the mosley performance
    He coulda at least dropped him, like Pac. It's not like he was running away from him all night.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
      not to mention a boxer in lara's place has zero say in how many rounds he's fighting.

these guys act like these guys are scared to fight eachother
      scared to go ten rounds
      etc

scared?
      these guys are pro boxers. they've been boxing since they were kids. lara grew up in f#cking communist cuba. he's not afraid of anything in the conventional sense

scared to fight 10 rounds
      scared to fight canelo alvarez. christ. canelo scared to fight lara?
      canelo alvarez probably thinks he can beat ANYBODY at 154 lbs or below. that's the confidence of a fighter. they all think that way. they wouldnt get to the top of the amateurs and pros if they did not.

when you have that kind of talent AND you put in that kind of work you trust your abilities completely.
      Jack Dempsey once said, "You always think you're going to win, otherwise you couldn't fight at all."

It never ceases to amaze me how recklessly the word "scared" gets tossed about around here. It just tells me how few guys on this forum have actually fought, and how few were any good. They have no idea about the mindset of a top professional.

There have been very, very few times when I observed a top pro visibly scared. Most of them fought a prime Mike Tyson.

Comment

• [QUOTE=915angel;12295944]mosleys never been ko'd so ill give ginger a pass on the mosley performance[/QUOTe
        Mosley was there to be KO, that was the only reason he got pay.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          Other than Baldomir (out of retirement, molasses in his prime), he hasn't really been destroying guys that are considered durable a division or two below, but not even contenders there. No doubt a smaller guy will feel a strong 154's punches, but why is he not sparking them out? None of these guys were running on him, even Mosley. Pac who's way better than Canelo's undersized comp was wary of Marg's power, and he's not even a legit 154.

he has not fought someobdy who can run and be effective
          that's one of the styles they've kept him away from.

every opponent he's face has respected his power, from the ones he stopped to the ones who made it 12 rounds.

more importantly than that, he knows how to land power shots. he's strong enough to get lara's respect certainly.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            Jack Dempsey once said, "You always think you're going to win, otherwise you couldn't fight at all."

It never ceases to amaze me how recklessly the word "scared" gets tossed about around here. It just tells me how few guys on this forum have actually fought, and how few were any good. They have no idea about the mindset of a top professional.

There have been very, very few times when I observed a top pro visibly scared. Most of them fought a prime Mike Tyson.

no doubt, my friend.

i'd be scared fighting iron mike, too!

fear is literally not in the vocabulary of an undefeated top flight boxer in his prime.

Comment

• Originally posted by 915angel View Post
              from what im seeing canelo beats lara he's supposedly the most avoided fighter but he still fightin 10 rounders smh
              I agree that Canelo beats Lara but that was a stupid ass post. What do you mean "still fighting 10 rounders"? Lara only has 18 fights but he whooped Williams (in a 12 rounder) way before Canelo decided to fight him.

Originally posted by 15RC View Post
              Missed this fight, but isn't it the same Freddy Hernandez that was knocked out in 1 round by Andre Berto? Lara went 10 full rounds with him?
              You didn't see the Berto/Hernandez fight. It was a quick stoppage.

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
              I think Lara would carve Cotto up like a Thanksgiving Turkey.
              Nice expression, hadn't heard that one.

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
              Sad to say but this was the type of fight Lara needed to get a fight with Canelo.

No way Lara was getting that fight after what he did to Hearns.

No way Kirkland was getting that fight after what he did to Angulo.

It is what it is.

Hell, Victor Ortiz got the fight after getting KTFO by Mayweather.

Mosley got the fight after being on a losing streak.

Cintron got the fight after fighting on ESPN.

This has turned into the kid's routine.
              Ortiz was Canelo's 3rd choice after Williams and your boy Kirkland. SMH

Comment

• judges or not williams still got the MD

Comment

every opponent he's face has respected his power, from the ones he stopped to the ones who made it 12 rounds.

more importantly than that, he knows how to land power shots. he's strong enough to get lara's respect certainly.
                  He certainly puts a lot on his punches, maybe that's why he doesn't throw many. We'll see if that's enough to intimidate comp that's not overmatched.

Comment

But none of his previous opponents had a realistic chance in damaging him (maybe Mosley, but he was so damn faded) or taking the will outta him. He hasn't fought anybody that came in with, and stuck to, their own game-plan. Every opponent fights at his pace and then he'll gradually break them down. Lara has enough skill and physical talent to stick to his own game-plan and frustrate Canelo. Lara could possibly get hurt, but he can also dish out punishment. This is a close fight where I give Lara the edge because of his skill-set and overall boxing experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                      But none of his previous opponents had a realistic chance in damaging him (maybe Mosley, but he was so damn faded) or taking the will outta him. He hasn't fought anybody that came in with, and stuck to, their own game-plan. Every opponent fights at his pace and then he'll gradually break them down. Lara has enough skill and physical talent to stick to his own game-plan and frustrate Canelo. Lara could possibly get hurt, but he can also dish out punishment. This is a close fight where I give Lara the edge because of his skill-set and overall boxing experience.
                      like every other 22 year old cash cow in the history of the sport he's been matched carefully.

kermit cintron looks like a puppy dog that somebody beat up on, but the guy can crack

any pro boxer at or around your size has a realistic chance to damage you. they couldnt because they were outclassed or outgunned

the fact remains that none of these guys are looking like they belong in the ring with canelo, which is exactly what he's supposed to do.

eventually you'll see him tested and we'll see if the horse can run. i'll be willing to bet that he can.
                      he proved some time ago that he's not some pure smoke and mirrors job
                      unlike chavez, who was pure hype until recently when he started to make some serious improvements, canelo has always been a very good boxer with very technical offense.

Comment

Working...
                      X