Collapse
No announcement yet.

The WBC's new Rehydration Rule Goes Into Effect Tomorrow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been a couple of month's since this was supposed to go into effect...There has been quite a few WBC sanctioned fights since then. Does anybody remember hearing about fighters having to reweigh the morning of the fight since July 1 because I don't, and I doubt Chavez will have to do it...

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      LOL. What a worthless hydration clause.
      No its not , its goal is to have the fighters very close to the same weight at fight time , the way it is now the guy with best high tech team has a great advantage at the scales , any rules that can get closer to a dead even fight all the better .

Comment

Can the opposite team be there to witness the weigh in? If not there is no point in doing this, Especially when it comes to someone like Julio Chavez Jr..

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          Nice, I like that idea. Time to make guys fight in their appropriate weight classes and not take advantage of the system. Sergio re-hydrates like 6 pounds and Chavez puts on around 20. Let him fight some LHW's if he thinks he is a big boy, I'm sure Dawson or Pascal would love to give him a schooling.
          It's worthless

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
          This rule is a joke, but headed in the right direction. Even under this rule, what would stop a fighter from still putting on 20 lbs? In the case of chavez, he can still put on 16 lbs, weigh in, and have 12 hours to put on another few lbs.
          Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          Its a silly rule. They should have made it 10% max increase in weight at fighttime. As it is this rule will have no significance at all.
          Those say it all. If they want a 10% rule it should be 1 hour before the fight in the dressing room not 12 or 13 hours before.

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          Gatti rehydrated from 141 to 160 lbs when he fought Gamache. A 13% weight gain.

Margarito rehydrated from 150 to 165 lbs when he fought Pacquiao. A 10% weight gain.

Chavez Jr rehydrated from 160 to 181 lbs when he fought Rubio. A 13% weight gain.
          Margarito was 167 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
            No its not , its goal is to have the fighters very close to the same weight at fight time , the way it is now the guy with best high tech team has a great advantage at the scales , any rules that can get closer to a dead even fight all the better .
            It is the idea, but 10% is too much, that still allows at least a weight division in difference.

I think the idea is right but not quite there yet! but m no expert.

Comment

No it doesn't. I honestly don't even think there has been a fighter to gain more than 10% weight after weight in.
              Really ???? just watch any Boxing match EVER check the official weigh in and then the unofficial the next day ... and get back to me

Comment

It's still far more rare than not for a fighter to gain more than 10% total body weight thought!!
                OOPS Just double checked my math ... yea ... its pretty hard to gain 10% but it happens all the time .... just not every fight like i said before lol

Comment

That is a terrible rule.

Comment

In all likelihood...on the nights where Chavez was 180 lbs...he would have been around 176 lbs at 9:30 AM since it's at about the 2/3rds mark in between the mornings before weigh-in and the fight night. I don't think it will make much difference.

Comment

Pounds & percentage are 2 different things brother. Example Chavez jr can still gain up 176lb's the next day & be fine. It rarely makes a difference, trust me.
                      I disagree lets have some fun, ill bet Chavez dont make it past the 2nd weigh in and loses the title on the scale. Lets say a million?

This will give him a very nice excuse when he gets thumped like a melon.
                      Last edited by freedom213; 09-07-2012, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X