Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josesito Lopez is Still Adapting To Newfound Fame

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Lopez gives everybody at 147 (besides May and Pac) a good exciting back and forth fight. I dont think Malignaggi, Devon, Bradly, or Kahn want any piece of Lopez.
    Last edited by UTEP; 06-30-2012, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
      Enjoy your 15 minutes, you deserve them.
      The phrase "15 Minutes of Fame" applies to somebody who is here one moment, and gone the next - often implying that the sudden fame was accidental or unearned. I think that Lopez always had championship quality, but wasn't moved or developed as carefully as some of the bigger names were. Don't be suprised if his "15 minutes" lasts a whole lot longer, since he'll now have adequate preparation time, and the ability to dictate some fight terms.

Comment

Originally posted by millcitymauler View Post
        The phrase "15 Minutes of Fame" applies to somebody who is here one moment, and gone the next - often implying that the sudden fame was accidental or unearned. I think that Lopez always had championship quality, but wasn't moved or developed as carefully as some of the bigger names were. Don't be suprised if his "15 minutes" lasts a whole lot longer, since he'll now have adequate preparation time, and the ability to dictate some fight terms.
        It was accidental, without the broken jaw Ortiz would have won the fight. Not taking anything away from Lopez he fought hard despite being the much smaller man in the ring. I was one of the few who warned everybody about Lopez being tough and I guess I'll be one of the few who will predict his quick downfall. I don't see him lasting long at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          It was accidental, without the broken jaw Ortiz would have won the fight. Not taking anything away from Lopez he fought hard despite being the much smaller man in the ring. I was one of the few who warned everybody about Lopez being tough and I guess I'll be one of the few who will predict his quick downfall. I don't see him lasting long at the top.
          You act like the broken jaw was some lucky punch that came out of left field...truth is Lopez was tagging Victor all night with solid shots riddled with bad intentions. Now that he's a real player, he'll get better opportunities where the deck isn't stacked against him. If you noticed, he even had a little chub around the waist on fight night, meaning he could probably easily go back down to JWW and do some real damage with his newfound confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by liraj View Post
            Ortiz needs to realize that karma is REAL, everytime he intentionally fouls he gets KTFO.
            This is so true man lol

Comment

You act like the broken jaw was some lucky punch that came out of left field...truth is Lopez was tagging Victor all night with solid shots riddled with bad intentions. Now that he's a real player, he'll get better opportunities where the deck isn't stacked against him. If you noticed, he even had a little chub around the waist on fight night, meaning he could probably easily go back down to JWW and do some real damage with his newfound confidence.
              Def agreeing with u man, that shot was NOT accidental as he was indeed tagging Ortiz all night, besides is boxing...u get punched invade that dude forgot, it doesn't matter if ur more muscular...the right shot can end anyone's night...& the right shot did just that to Ortiz...broke his f'ing jaw and ended the fight...welcome to boxing!

Comment

Originally posted by liraj View Post
                I think Lopez gives everybody at 147 (besides May and Pac) a good exciting back and forth fight. I dont think Malignaggi, Devon, Bradly, or Kahn want any piece of Lopez.
                Agree, he has heart, I've seen quite a few of his fights before Ortiz...I wouldn't mind seeing Lopez vs Malignaggi!

Comment

It wasn't a lucky punch but the result of the punch was accidental. Maidana and Berto landed harder punches on Ortiz and didn't break his jaw. Ortiz was hurting Lopez more than the other way around. But like I said, fairplay to Lopez he fought his ass off. I don't like Ortiz he's a dirty dude who was badly overrated so I'm happy for Lopez.

Comment

Working...
                  X