No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto vs Hassan N’Dam N’Jikam

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    The catchweight was not the biggest spectacle in that fight. It really never was. The only thing remotely similar is the catchweight. Everything else is worlds apart.
    Off course they are worlds apart one opponent was Mexican the others French.My point has been that this is a bull**** world title if Miguel wins thats all im not comparing skills,stages off careers or anything else off the Margarito or N Jikam all im saying is for me its about as worthless as Mannys 8th division world title

Comment

Originally posted by boricuajr23 View Post
      Cotto's my boy and all but I'm not a fan of catchweights; never have been. especially for titles. Thats just me though. If he's gonna pull something similar to what Pacquiao did vs Margarito at 154..then its meaningless IMO and no Cotto fan should bring up the 145 catchweight excuse anymore. I stopped bringing up the weight drain excuse when Cotto demanded the catchweight w/ Margs.
      I hate to say it but this makes all the sense right here...
      regardless... War Cotto all day!

Comment

Cotto needs to retire, fuck this catch-weight, paper-title, bullshit. He shouldn't degrade himself to Pacquiao's level.

Time to hang up the gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
          Off course they are worlds apart one opponent was Mexican the others French.My point has been that this is a bull**** world title if Miguel wins thats all im not comparing skills,stages off careers or anything else off the Margarito or N Jikam all im saying is for me its about as worthless as Mannys 8th division world title

No, not race. Try 1 was a banned cheater unranked at 154, vs a real middleweight contender paper titlist.

Comment

Why is it that whenever Cotto loses, his very next fight is a title fight?

Seems wrong to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              No, not race. Try 1 was a banned cheater unranked at 154, vs a real middleweight contender paper titlist.
              Okay 1 was a banned cheater unranked at 154, vs a real middleweight contender paper titlist but if the Middleweight limit does not change from 160 and this title fight is at 156 its still a bull**** title

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
                Okay 1 was a banned cheater unranked at 154, vs a real middleweight contender paper titlist if the Middleweight limit does not change from 160 and this title fight is at 156 its still a bull**** title
                A lot of guys make the assumption that catchweight titles are not common, they are. They also assume that that was the biggest problem with Pacman's 8th division title, it wasn't. 156 is kind low, 157 158 is pretty much decent. I'd take the 4th division title over a 154lb fight if I were Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post

Seems wrong to me.
                  Because he's a draw.

Hate this fight, it's a ***** move. Fcuk the catchweight(and an absurd one it is, 156?!) and this opponent. Hopefully HBO tells him to go fcuk himself and ends this nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post

Seems wrong to me.
                    some people can lose multiple fights in a row and keep getting title shots

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2012 View Post
                      some people can lose multiple fights in a row and keep getting title shots
                      Or fresh off espn after getting dominated by a contender!!

Comment

Working...
                      X