Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jessie Vargas or Floyd Mayweather: Who beat the tougher opponent?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kenny MF Powers View Post
    For reference, who are your top 3 fighters right now?

I would like everyone to have a chance to give you **** when they fall short some time in the future. Then we can all call them hypejobs and say we knew it all along...
    manny, manny, and manny

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
      Who should he have fought? At the time, Ortiz was the #2 Welterweight in the world.
      Pacquiao 147lbs
      Martinez 154lbs
      Cotto 154lbs
      Lara 154lbs
      Alvarez 154lbs

And serriously Lopez would have given Floyd a tougher fight on that night than Ortiz and would have still been there at the final bell.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
        When have I even implied that?

Floyd should not have fought Ortiz.

It seems that the most important factor in boxing is hype and image to get the big fights.

Sad state of affairs.
        you mean like the hype pacman gets for winng 8 world titles

Comment

People make excuses for Ortiz, but the fact is he has been found out many times before.

His punches are telegraphed, wide punches, open defense, and mentally fragile.

An exciting fighter, been in some great fights, but talent wise and toughness wise, nowhere near the top.

The Berto fight fight hyped him up more, but people missed the truth there, which Andre was even more hyped.
          His punches aren't wide. He has a very short and sharp right hook/right uppercut. He doesn't use his left hand too much, but when he does, it's still solid. He can be predictable at times, but his punches are far from wide.

Comment

If you want to go back and check to see what I was saying about Victor before the Floyd fight, be my guess, much of the same thing that I am saying now.
            I like how you dodged my question...

Comment

Its gonna be a sad day if Floyd and Manny ever does get signed. Gonna be weird watching the Pac stans discredit their god...

Thats gonna be crazy. I imagine alot of alts will be out and about during that time.

Comment

Pacquiao 147lbs
                Martinez 154lbs
                Cotto 154lbs
                Lara 154lbs
                Alvarez 154lbs

And serriously Lopez would have given Floyd a tougher fight on that night than Ortiz and would have still been there at the final bell.
                Interesting too that you would likely say all those guys are too big for Manny though right...

GTFO with your double standard, hater ass bull****. Id rather read 10 pages of eklok and check hooks nonsense, than your ridiculous garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
                  His punches aren't wide. He has a very short and sharp right hook/right uppercut. He doesn't use his left hand too much, but when he does, it's still solid. He can be predictable at times, but his punches are far from wide.
                  He is a southpaw ofcourse his right hook is going to be short.

He ****s his hand so far back sometimes you can see his punches a mile away, and leave himself so open.

Victor had good power and speed, can throw some decent combos, but his game is full of flaws. He is OK being the bully but when he is bullied he breaks.

Comment

On the 17th of September last year both Floyd Mayweather and Jessi Vargas fought on the same card in Vegas.

Floyd was headlining fighting Victor Ortiz and one of his fighters that he promotes Jessie Vargas fought Josesito Lopez.

Floyd took a reported $40 million from that fight Lopez on $100k.

But who took on the tougher opponent?

From what I seen of both fighters, I have no doubt that not only did Vargas take on the the tougher opponent but also the more skillful opponent.

Can anyone really disagree?

Poll Coming!!!

Lol weren't you saying that Ortiz would "destroy" Bradley?

Who beat the better opponent on 17 Sept and 9 June?

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny MF Powers View Post
                      Interesting too that you would likely say all those guys are too big for Manny though right...

GTFO with your double standard, hater ass bull****. Id rather read 10 pages of eklok and check hooks nonsense, than your ridiculous garbage.

Not forcing you to be here.

Cya.

Yeah, I'm the one talking garbage? I'm not the one that thinks Ortiz is a tougher fighter than Lopez.

Comment

Working...
                      X