No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Shumenov: There is Zero Interest in Hopkins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UppercutDamage View Post
    Why, when he can snatch this dude's belt before he realizes what happened. Like taking candy from a baby?
    Free Money!
    Sounds like some form of robbery. Well, this is BHOP after all.

Comment

Hopkins would beat Shumenov so easily it would be ridiculous.

Comment

Maybe because he is getting old and he thinks he can win against Hopkins?? For Clevelry who won't fight out of Wales it means bigger tickets sales since Hopkins has a name. GB should go after whoever has a belt to fight their aging fighter if they want one big last payday or they should have him retire before he is seriously injured. Maybe take care of their fighter instead of letting him get killed. 47 is not 27 no matter what shape you are in!! I don't see Hopkins whooping any of the current champs, only adding to his already visible signs of getting his head beat for many years. Shumenov did the right thing by saying no.

Comment

Yes, why would Shumenov want to break his two-year run of fighting nobodies by defending against somebody with a pulse? Maybe Danny Santiago
          is available for a rematch.
          Funny how he never mentions Campillo.

Comment

Like anyone cares about Shumenov anyways. Campillo kicked his butt and was robbed.

Comment

i know Hopkins isnt done, but i understand where Shumenov is and it's a smart decision. He wouldnt get credit for beating Hopkins and his career would be derailed if he loses a decision. Campillo is the man right now, and I know Shumenov wants a high profile fight just good enough to get him Cloud or Pascal, before taking another shot at Campillo. still, if he doesnt get Cleverly, he might as well give the old man a shot. but does anyone want to see Hopkins against someone not even proven in the top 5? the only fight with Hopkins i would care to see is against Ward if Ward handles Dawson. and im not really excited about that either.

Comment

Be nice to see Hopkins pick up another title before he retires on a win. Shumenov is certainly the easiest route to do so for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
                  What happened to Nathan Cleverly? I thought he wanted Hopkins regardless of whether he lost to Dawson or not.

As far as Shumenov, I can't blame him. No reward, and too much risk. Unless Hopkins is willing to forfeit his entire share for a chance of another Title shot, there is no incentive.
                  Shumenov has been fighting for 5 digits on ESPN2 and Telefutura. A fight against B-Hop would net him his first 6 figures and get him on HBO or Showtime. The reward is there... the risk is just enough to make him and/or his management not want the fight.

Cleverly had an issue with a so-called mandatory that wasn't really mandatory but the WBO received enough bribe money to impose him on Cleverly. Don't know what became of the issue. Cleverly and Warren must be on something if they really want that B-Hop fight. The kid would get raped... maximum security penitentiary style.

Comment

Translation:We have no interest in losing a lopsided decsion to Hopkins, losing our belt, and fading into obscurity.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
                      Shumenov has been fighting for 5 digits on ESPN2 and Telefutura. A fight against B-Hop would net him his first 6 figures and get him on HBO or Showtime. The reward is there... the risk is just enough to make him and/or his management not want the fight.

Cleverly had an issue with a so-called mandatory that wasn't really mandatory but the WBO received enough bribe money to impose him on Cleverly. Don't know what became of the issue. Cleverly and Warren must be on something if they really want that B-Hop fight. The kid would get raped... maximum security penitentiary style.
                      Shumenov was studying to be a lawyer until a year or two ago when he put it on hold to focus on Boxing full time, his brother is a lawyer and their family is involved in the oil industry back home. I don't think the money he earns from boxing is a huge concern for him.

He wants to unify and is willing to wait. Brahmer fell through due to his legal problems then Cleverly ducked him.

Comment

Working...
                      X