Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josesito Lopez Fires: Victor Ortiz Has No Heart!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LHK View Post
    My problem is Victor likes to act hard, but when confronted by someone actually hard in the ring, he gets out-manned time and again. And then he acts all meek after the fight, like it never really mattered.

I swear to god when Lopez goaded Ortiz on a couple of times after getting rocked, Ortiz retreated.

Lopez was a boss last night.

He was inviting Ortiz and Ortiz would decline. Happened more than once.

Let's not lose sight of that.

Dude fought his heart out.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
      Say what you will about Ortiz the man has been in some entertaining fights. Mayweather, Berto, Maidana, Lopez.

I don't think he lacks heart but at the same time it isn't something I will praise him for. It takes a lot for a fighter to fight with a broken jaw so when they do I respect that I don't disrespect those who can't.
      I agree 100% Ali and Abraham deserve credit for continuing but Ortiz shouldn't be discredited for not.

Everyone calling Ortiz a quitter or a punk. How many of you haven't gone to work because of a common cold or because your head hurts and you call Ortiz a punk for suffering a broken jaw. LMFAO! A bunch of ring side champions. SMDH

Comment

Originally posted by blak81 View Post
        I agree 100% Ali and Abraham deserve credit for continuing but Ortiz shouldn't be discredited for not.

Everyone calling Ortiz a quitter or a punk. How many of you haven't gone to work because of a common cold or because your head hurts and you call Ortiz a punk for suffering a broken jaw. LMFAO! A bunch of ring side champions. SMDH

I think a lot of people think if they don't go to work it's maybe losing 200 bucks. Lot different than losing millions.
        Can't really say what people would do, but some people would do anything for 200k let alone the millions Ortiz was gonna get.

I think that's why they call him a punk.

Comment

If there is a rematch i think Ortiz stops him. Great win last night for Lopez though he showed a lot of heart and will.

Comment

Has no heart? This guy is full of himself. According to the Ortiz camp the Jaw breakage happened at then end of round 1. 9 rounds later with a broken jaw, I call that heart.
            I don't believe that for a second the broken jaw occurred in round 9, Ortiz said himself in the post fight interview. They even showed a reply of the shot where his mouth was open and got clipped and you can see by Ortiz's reaction that something just went array, credit to him he put up his gloves and went back to it.

However I gotta agree with Lopez, after the Maidana fight Ortiz should have known better, that fight can be forgiven as the folly of a young fighter in his first hard scrap, but to quit again it speaks volume about him. Countless fighters have gone on with broken this and dislocated that (Tarver, Hopkins come to mind) He has set his own career back greatly with that, cost himself, Goldenboy and Showtime a lot of money. He is a unreliable investment and is going to have to dig deep to prove his worth to his promoters and the fans.

Comment

whitaker fought 6 rounds vs. trinidad with a broken jaw.

Comment

Hats off to Lopez. Felt like Ortiz could have ended it but he kept stepping off the gas. Ortiz wins the rematch.

Comment

Why would Lopez keep it classy? He's not the one who was scheduled to headline a PPV after this fight. Dude completely made Victor his b*tch. Now bring on Lopez vs. Maidana, a showdown between the two fathers of Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                    I think a lot of people think if they don't go to work it's maybe losing 200 bucks. Lot different than losing millions.
                    Can't really say what people would do, but some people would do anything for 200k let alone the millions Ortiz was gonna get.

I think that's why they call him a punk.
                    $200 Bucks to someone that makes $200 bucks a day is the same as losing mllions for someone that makes millions or however much Ortiz makes. No difference there.

No amount of money is worth risking permanent damage to any part of my body. There is life after boxing.

Comment

Lopez is a killer. Cold blooded.

Comment

Working...
                      X