No announcement yet.

New boxing video game announced by Nintendo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    Muhammad Ali, Pernell Whitaker, Tommy Morrison, Sonny Liston, Jose Diaz, Arthur Abraham, all fighters who've fought through a broken jaw and finished the fight. Many of whom had their jaws broken much earlier in the fight than Victor Ortiz did.

None of them suffered "career ending damage" from their injury, you're just making excuses for the kid's decision to quit on us last night, and reenforcing his "when the going gets tough, quit" attitude. I guarantee you this won't be the last time Ortiz quits on us, assuming he ever fights again.
    Will it be the last time he quits.....I'm not sure and I really don't care as I'm not a fan of Ortiz.

Like I said earlier, I'm aware that other fighters have fought through a broken jaw, but it really depends on where it is broken.

If a fighter can continue, due to where it is broken.....cool.....if not, then I really don't knock fighters for quitting as a broken jaw is one of the few instances in which I give fighters a pass for wanting to call it a night.

Comment

It doesn't depend on where it's broken, a broken jaw in boxing is always broken at the same place - The condyles, because they are the weakest part of the jaw and most prone to being broken under stress. How many times have you ever seen a boxer break another boxer's jaw in half, literally split it down the middle? Never.

Comment

Just checking in on Bringer......

.....still God.

Carry on.

Comment

LOL, thanks John. You're still a legend, too.

Comment

It doesn't depend on where it's broken, a broken jaw in boxing is always broken at the same place - The condyles, because they are the weakest part of the jaw and most prone to being broken under stress. How many times have you ever seen a boxer break another boxer's jaw in half, literally split it down the middle? Never.
            It's not always broke in the same place.

Just off the top of my head.....Arthur Abraham had a his jaw broken in two places.

Really not trying to argue that silly point, but to be honest, I really don't see why anyone would bash any fighter for not wanting to continue with a broken jaw?

Yes you earn "cool points" for doing so, but I feel a fighter should get a pass if they don't want to.

Comment

Originally posted by Popovich View Post
              It's not always broke in the same place.

Just off the top of my head.....Arthur Abraham had a his jaw broken in two places.

Really not trying to argue that silly point, but to be honest, I really don't see why anyone would bash any fighter for not wanting to continue with a broken jaw?

Yes you earn "cool points" for doing so, but I feel a fighter should get a pass if they don't want to.
              Abraham broke both condyles, look it up. This is basic human anatomy, the condyles are the joints that connect the lower jaw to the skull, you have one on each side of your jaw located near the ear. They're easily broken and take quite a while to heal. A boxer cannot break another man's jaw in any other place, because to do so would require the boxer that broke the jaw to hit hard enough to literally shatter bone. It's simply not possible because the entire jaw is bone except for the condyles which are more like cartlidge, therefore they break under pressure easily.

Comment

Abraham broke both condyles, look it up. This is basic human anatomy, the condyles are the joints that connect the lower jaw to the skull, you have one on each side of your jaw located near the ear. They're easily broken and take quite a while to heal. A boxer cannot break another man's jaw in any other place, because to do so would require the boxer that broke the jaw to hit hard enough to literally shatter bone. It's simply not possible because the entire jaw is bone except for the condyles which are more like cartlidge, therefore they break under pressure easily.
                I'd rather not because A) I'm too lazy to and B) That's really not the point of my post. I'm not here to argue the anatomy of a broken jaw in boxing, so I'll just take your word for it.

I opened myself up to that, due to wording that poorly, but whatever.

The point I'm making and it's not even a point rather a question; why are people knocking fighters for quitting when breaking a jaw?

Yes a fighter earns "cool points" for fighter on but I think a pass should be giving if they want to call it a night. I'm not an Ortiz fan fwiw, and I've always felt this way about broken jaws in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Popovich View Post
                  The point I'm making and it's not even a point rather a question; why are people knocking fighters for quitting when breaking a jaw?

Yes a fighter earns "cool points" for fighter on but I think a pass should be giving if they want to call it a night. I'm not an Ortiz fan fwiw, and I've always felt this way about broken jaws in boxing.
                  It has nothing to do with "cool points", you're being juvenile. Fighters are expected to (and do) fight on through injury every single ****ing day : Broken jaws, broken hands, broken ribs, broken ankles, torn muscles, separated shoulders, the list of injuries is endless. Equally endless is the list of fighters who have fought through the physical pain and adversity and didn't give up on us.

Most boxers don't make anywhere near the amount of money Victor Ortiz does, and he's paid to fight, yet he's made millions from quitting. He did it against Maidana, he did it when he mentally melted down against Mayweather, and he did it again last night against Lopez.

Stop making excuses for the kid, he's an overly emotional/reactionary punk who fouls his opponets whenever things don't go his way, then quits whenever he's forced to dig deep.

He doesn't deserve to even have fans and how anybody can support him after last night is utterly laughable to me.

Comment

Originally posted by *Boss* View Post
                    Apple and oranges.... The dude went to war , ate big shots after big shots , risks his life to entertain US... Dude got his ****ing jaw broken and decided not to continue.Instead giving the dude some credit and to Lopez for doing a good job , people keep saying Ortiz is quitter , ***** blah blah blah ... Thats what i dont like with some " fans ".
                    As far as I am concerend, I pay for my Showtime subscription so I can criticize any ****ing thing I want. My monthly bill goes to his pocket so if I don't like something he is doing, I am going to speak on it...He is a p*sssssssy

Comment

It has nothing to do with "cool points", you're being juvenile. Fighters are expected to (and do) fight on through injury every single ****ing day : Broken jaws, broken hands, broken ribs, broken ankles, torn muscles, separated shoulders, the list of injuries is endless. Equally endless is the list of fighters who have fought through the physical pain and adversity and didn't give up on us.

Most boxers don't make anywhere near the amount of money Victor Ortiz does, and he's paid to fight, yet he's made millions from quitting. He did it against Maidana, he did it when he mentally melted down against Mayweather, and he did it again last night against Lopez.

Stop making excuses for the kid, he's an overly emotional/reactionary punk who fouls his opponets whenever things don't go his way, then quits whenever he's forced to dig deep.

He doesn't deserve to even have fans and how anybody can support him after last night is utterly laughable to me.
                      Why are you so upset? Are you a former Ortiz fan?

Like I said before, I'm not an Ortiz fan by any means, so I could care less about the guy.

I just don't get how poster can knock professional fighters for not wanting to continue to fight with a broken jaw?

You claim fighters are expected to fight thru any type of injury. To me that is b.s. and a dumb statement.

Please explain to me what are your credentials and what makes your qualified to state what boxers should be expected to do and fight through?

Comment

Working...
                      X