No announcement yet.

Manuel Charr: negotiations with Vitali were NOT delayed because of money

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manuel Charr: negotiations with Vitali were NOT delayed because of money

Manuel Charr says the negotiations with Vitali were delayed not because of money, but because of "one or two" other points and because Vitali is still negotiating with one other possible opponent.

He says the money offered was not an issue, and there has been no offer of twice as much money.

http://www.allboxing.ru/archives/2012-06-23_01_16.html

Comment

Rough translation here:

In Germany Manuel Charr refuted rumours that the signing of the contract with the WBC champion Vitali Klitschko has been delayed due to the lack of consensus on the money. Vitali's team is continuing to negotiate with another candidate.

Manuel made a statement:

"Dear fans of boxing: rumours that Vitali Klitschko offered me a bigger fee. I assure you that it is not a matter of finances, and 1-2 other points on which management yesterday between K2 and Diamond Boy Promotions agreement was reached. Tomorrow morning my CEO and I will sign the contract [K2].

"P.S. trust me: I would have came up and donated!

"Last 4 fights I fought for low money and got into debt, to get a chance to fight the most powerful super heavyweight. I'd refused the fee and in the fifth game. I fight for the sake of my family and my honor, my dear friends, rather than for the sake of money.

"I want to achieve success and to show that you cannot lose hope and faith in yourself, because there's always room at the top, and to overcome it to help ambitious and diligence. Vitali is a great athlete and I heartily thank him, K2 and RTL for this chance."
      Last edited by The Hammer; 06-22-2012, 11:36 PM.

Comment

This fight blows. Full arena, empty ring. A mildly punching guy whose weight jumps all over the place and is always too much for his frame.

Yippee.

Not Vitali's fault he can't find a decent foe, but he could look harder than this junk.

Comment

No offense, but these aren't exactly juicy Mayweather Pacquiao type of negotiation details. It's a no hoper. Who cares?

EDIT: Okay, the fact that he might be fighting someone else might be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
            No offense, but these aren't exactly juicy Mayweather Pacquiao type of negotiation details. It's a no hoper. Who cares?

EDIT: Okay, the fact that he might be fighting someone else might be interesting.
            It's promising. There has to be someone in the top 15 Vitali could fight.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
              This fight blows. Full arena, empty ring. A mildly punching guy whose weight jumps all over the place and is always too much for his frame.

Yippee.

Not Vitali's fault he can't find a decent foe, but he could look harder than this junk.
              Charr wouldn't be my first choice, I'd prefer Wach or Stiverne.

But let's be honest: no matter WHO Vitali fights, there will be the usual moaning and whining about it from the Klitschko haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                Charr wouldn't be my first choice, I'd prefer Wach or Stiverne.

But let's be honest: no matter WHO Vitali fights, there will be the usual moaning and whining about it from the Klitschko haters.
                Maybe, but it's minimized for fights like Adamek and Chisora (I really looked forward to those).

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post

No one cares about Mayweather Pacquiao negotiations anymore, topic has been beat to death for 3 years already! Forget about it..

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                    Maybe, but it's minimized for fights like Adamek and Chisora (I really looked forward to those).
                    I'd prefer to see a Chisora rematch. That was one of the toughest fights Vitali has ever been in and definitely the toughest since he came back out of retirement. But it does seem Vitali is avoiding Haye these days, I think he's wary that Haye's speed could cause him some serious issues.

Comment

Working...
                    X